News By Tag
* SaMut A. Scott
* Love of Neighbor
* Make it Write
* Yvette Griffin
* Robert Garder
* Pat Smith
* Winnie Cook
* Marie Gant
* More Tags...
* More Industries...
News By Place
Hamilton Manor Cancels "Make It Write!"
"We are truly sorry for the inconvenience it was not our intention to cancel the event. I will personally give everyone a ten dollar gift certificate to our restaurant involved with (it)." - Andre S. Andre Salzano - email@example.com
By: Love of Neighbor Caravan by Trenton Watch
'On behalf of The Manor we are sorry and look forward to helping you plan other events'
HAMILTON, NEW JERSEY: Make It Write! for Social Change & Personal Empowerment Writers’ and Readers’ Theater with Holiday Gift Bazaar and Food-Drive for HomeFront NJ will be held from 12 noon until 4pm - Saturday, December 10 - in the Sapphire Room the beautiful Hamilton Manor located off Rt. 130 South at 30 New Jersey 156 in Hamilton, New Jersey. Regular admission for the general public is $5 for adults, children under 12 free. ONLY $1 special adult admission with donation of non-perishable food items for HomeFront! The public MUST RSVP at 609-379-2885 or by email homefrontfooddrive@
Free face-painting will be provided for all children who attend courtesy, Eileen Rothstein.
Last year, according to HomeFront, 8,110 food bags were distributed from their pantry to feed hungry families, 119,080 meals were served to clients in their various programs and over 700 families came to them each month for grocery bags carefully filled with nutritious food.
Now, heading into 2012, they are getting the support of The Love of Neighbor Caravan in order to either maintain their level of service or increase the number of individuals and families they serve.
The Caravan is a creative community solutions collaborative designed to foster better human communications, more informed civic engagement and a social environment wherein each individual can reach their full God-Given potential.
It is made up of a rapidly growing group of individuals, small business and independent consultants being led by Tim Razzaq, a life-ling community organizer who has been engaged in planning, promoting and coordinating community-building and public-awareness forums throughout the greater Mercer county region for several years.
His latest venture is Trenton Watch, which operates primarily by way of disseminating information and survey public opinion on such social media platforms at Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Trenton Watch is one of four sponsors of Make It Write. Mic Chick 1,2,1,2; C. LaMarca Group and Talk's Gluten Free with E.T. (Celiac Solutions) are the other fiscal and logistical contributors to making this event happen.
Susan Dandoff, a Princeton-based storyteller, teacher, writer, and organizational consultant is one of the several authors and writers Love of Neighbor has on tap for the Writers’ and Readers’ Theater segment of the affair. Danoff is author of the book The Golden Thread: Storytelling in Teaching and Learning and storytelling CD Women of Vision, which won a Parents’ Gold Choice Award.
Danoff will be joined by fellow authors and writers:
• Hamilton-based author, William E. Mackson, creator of the book The Story of the Hip Hop Catz and The K-9 Crew and who will also perform a song in the character of MC Tiger Mic
• Trenton-based author Marie Calvin Williams-Gantt author of "Relations Without Relationships:
• Human resources professional Robert T. Gardner, Jr., author of The Choices We Make, a book that tells a compelling story about bad relationship choices that resulted in enormous consequences.
• Trenton resident Doug DeMeo, a blogger for the Huffington Post and candidate for U.S. Congress in New Jersey’s 4th district, who will read and engage the audience on the topic, Inmates and Landscapes
• Spiritual Life Coach Sa Mut Angela Scott (Magical Mother), who will read and engaged the audience with her Mastering a Joyful Life Book Series Volume I, II & III and CD-ROM
• Elena Torsiello, a prolific writer on the topic of gluten-free living, food allergies and celiac disease. Her blog, Talk'n Gluten-Free with E.T. (Celiac Solutions) is getting many hits while the public awaits the publication of her upcoming children’s book, “Willie Villie Meets Casey Kramps in Sprueville”
• Tonja Jones-Green, author of the yet-to-be published book, “Faithing It: Living the Gift from God, ‘Life.’"
The Master of Ceremonies for the Theater will be Carmine P. LaMarca, MS MA, a writer in his own right and Founder of CLG LLC – an electronic health records and sustainability consultancy.
In addition to the authors and writers, who will have their books and CD’/DVD’s for sale and signing, vendors for the Holiday Gift Bazaar include merchandisers:
• Sistah Love Jewels and accessories were conceived by two sisters Sandra Mink and Yvette Rue-Griffin
• Gwen Johnson and Sheila Campbell a mother/daughter team with Couture for Less exquisite jewelry
• George and Shanese Bello, “Black Mocha Latte: Have a Coffee-Liscious Day!”, operators and independent distributors of Organo Gold
• Marcia D. Williams, consultant for Traci Lynn Fashion Jewelry.
• Kat Quaterman, your Independent AnyArt Dealer
• Winnie Cook and Patricia Smith, “It’s Easy, It’s Simple, It’s Coffee!”, operators and independent distributors of Organo Gold
• Anjela Scottand Holiday Coffee Gift Mugs & Sweet Baked Treats (Organo Gold)
• Carmen Seldon, Exclusively Boochie
Free face-painting for children will be provided by Eileen Rothstein. Visit http://makeitwriteauthorsandvendorsbazaar.eventbrite.com/
Make It Write, Part 1, is sponsored by Trenton Watch is one of four sponsors of Make It Write. Mic Chick 1,2,1,2 (http://www.hiphopcatz.com); C. LaMarca Group (http://www.clamarcagroup.info)
# # #
The Love of Neighbor Caravan is a creative community solutions collaborative designed to foster better human communications, more informed civic engagement and a social environment wherein each individual can reach their full God-Given potential.
Page Updated Last on: Dec 09, 2011