News By Tag
News By Place
Peterborough charity group announces Formula One special guest
Riding high after pushing its total raised over the half million pound mark, the NSPCC’s Peterborough Business Support Group has announced its next celebrity event.
By: Suzanne Ostler
Sport presenter Jake Humphrey will be the after dinner speaker at a special Formula One themed evening.
His visit to the city will provide him with the perfect opportunity to catch up with family and old friends – Jake was born in the city and spent his first years here before moving to Norwich.
Jake will be the celebrity guest at the Gala Dinner being held on Thursday, February 23 to generate money for the Peterborough Business Support Group. All funds raised are spent supporting vulnerable youngsters in the city.
The evening, at Peterborough’
“We are absolutely delighted to be welcoming Jake Humphrey back to Peterborough,”
Tickets are priced at £60 each and are available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. A VIP upgrade is available with the chance to meet Jake before the event for champagne and canapés.
The Group’s most recent money-spinner, its 15th Anniversary Gala Dinner with Penny Smith raised an impressive £14,000, one of the most lucrative events in the Group’s history.
Did you know:
- 169 children in Peterborough are the subject of a child protection plan.
- Last year, the NSPCC Helpline received 960 calls from people in Cambridgeshire concerned about the welfare of a child.
- In 2010, NSPCC Helpline made 87 new referrals to Peterborough Social Services to protect the welfare of a child.
- Peterborough has one of only 40 NSPCC Service Centres in the UK, providing staff and facilities to address local needs.
- Money raised by the Peterborough Business Support Group goes directly to helping these children.