News By Tag
News By Place
Why you must do more marketing in 2013?
If "making more money" is one of your goals for your small business in 2013, then add "do more marketing" to your list.
By: Gogreen2 Marketing Press Room
If "making more money" is one of your goals for your small business in 2013, then add "do more marketing" to your list of new year's resolutions.
Let people know about you. That means marketing, and I've got some key marketing tips to help you succeed.
Marketing options are more confusing than ever: Is it really worthwhile to spend your time tweeting or building a following on Facebook? What about mobile devices? How can you be visible when customers check Smartphone’s to find the best place to shop?
In the midst of navigating these new marketing options, don't forget tried-and-true methods. Even in a new mobile, connected, global business environment, many time-tested marketing principles still apply.
As you begin your 2013 marketing efforts, keep these 11 key marketing tips in mind:
1. Get out there. People do business with people they know, so build your business network. Attend industry conferences, join community organizations. Be seen frequently. Connect in person and not just online.
2. Get listed — free. Want to show up in search engines and mobile devices without spending a cent? Be sure to set up your free business pages in Google Places, Yahoo Local, Yelp and others. You can list your products and services, hours of operation, specials, even add photos or offer specials. It's a key, free way to market on mobile devices and Web search engines.
3. Keep your top prospects in view. Make a list of your top 10 prospects or referral sources and keep it on your desk, your mobile phone, or use it as the "wallpaper" on your computer. Contact each of these key income-generators at least once a month.
4. Create a strong company brand and identity. Start with a distinct look-and-feel — logo, colours, typeface, etc. — that conveys what you're about. Use those consistently on everything — your website, business cards, packaging, newsletters, marketing materials, job ads. If possible, give your brand some zip and personality that makes it memorable.
5. Repeat, repeat, repeat. This is the golden rule of marketing. Whatever marketing tactics you use, you must repeat your message to the same audience in the same place, over and over again. It takes a long time for your message to sink in.
6. Tell people what they get, not what you do. In your marketing materials and messages, focus on the benefits the buyer receives — rather than just long lists of features of your products or descriptions of how you perform your services. Of course, customers compare features and services, so you'll need to include those. But always emphasize the benefits those features bring.
7. Create an e-mail newsletter. An e-mail newsletter is one of the most effective and inexpensive ways to regularly stay in front of customers, prospects, and referral sources. Make sure your newsletter provides some value for the recipient, such as useful information, details on discounts or a special offer.
8. Get a tagline. Devise a short phrase conveying what you do or makes you special (like "The world on time" for FedEx). Even a simple descriptive phrase can set you apart (like "Bonded janitorial services for banks"). Give prospects a reason to remember you. Use your tagline on your website, business cards, even e-mail signature.
9. Attend or exhibit at a trade show. Trade shows are great places to find many customers in one place, do research on your competition and meet referral and information sources. Research which trade shows target your customers attend and check them out.
10. Be visible online. Make sure you have a website. Learn about social media. If you sell to consumers, get a Facebook page and consider a Twitter feed. Monitor your reviews on Yelp and other review sites. If you sell to businesses, look for industry-specific social media sites.
11. Get a contact management system. Keep track of past and current customers, prospects, referral sources, and more. This data is an invaluable business asset — use it for staying in touch, making sales calls, announcing new products or sales and more.
I am sure you have time for all this? If you are like many businesses out there then you don`t, so why not let a professional marketing company do the job for you?
Gogreen2 Marketing Ltd has marketing packages to suite all budgets so please take a look at “What’s in it for you”.
What’s in it for you?
Viral & Social Media Marketing
Viral marketing and social media marketing is an essential tool for any business. Sites such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn are among the most popular sites regularly visited on the internet and can generate large numbers of visitors and new sales leads.
We at Gogreen2 Marketing Ltd also concentrate on all the major business networking sites to promote products and services as well as businesses to the professional and academic sectors.
Many businesses are already utilizing social media marketing as part of their ongoing business strategy, but a large percentage of these are not aware of the essentials required to fully maximize social media to its full potential. We at Gogreen2 Marketing Ltd are able to do this virally for you and update your campaigns on a daily basis to give you that vital Buzz
How we help with your SEO
Social media profiles now make regular appearances in search engine listings. The major search engines are placing greater importance on these profiles as they tend to possess regularly updated topical content and provide quality information that search engine users are looking for. It’s not just an advertisement, it’s informative.
Search engines now index and display individual social media posts in their search results. The search engines consider these posts topical, relevant and useful to their users – One of the main criteria search engines look for when ranking a page (or submission).
Posting quality submissions on social media sites and including links back to a main website, or webpage, within these posts can seriously increase website traffic. One of our jobs is to index these posts and place them with the relevant sites
Social media bookmarking sites such as Digg, StumbleUpon and Slashdot have been known to drive thousands of visitors to websites. We submit blog posts - and website content - to these sites and there is a good chance that these submissions will capture the interest of readers and result in increased website traffic. For that important bit of exposure Gogreen2 Marketing Ltd will create a bespoke press release on your behalf.
Creating a social media profile allows for the creation of multiple campaigns. We know a good business strategy should run a main social media profile and then look to create smaller targeted profiles that cater for very specific niche markets, related to your main business interest.
If your business sells a wide variety of products, we would look to create individual profiles that target the different categories of products sold. This tactic allows us to concentrate on each subset of product, as well as the potential customers searching for these specific products, or type of products. By breaking down your social media campaigns, we will provide relevant, topical information that caters for very specific individuals.
Where other businesses try to capture all potential buyers in one huge net and can only provide generic information to a wide scope of readers about the entire range of their product or services. Gogreen2 Marketing Ltd with our niche market profiles will reach out to each subset and provide them with exactly what they are searching for.
Contact Simon Clegg
# # #
Gogreen2 Marketing offers value for money and competitive pricing to enable businesses of any size to benefit from the the unique opportunity of an initial introduction into the enviromental market place or to increase an existing campaign.
Page Updated Last on: Oct 15, 2012