News By Tag
News By Location
End the Year Right in New Hampshire’s Lakes Region
Get into the holiday spirit in wintry central New Hampshire in December
While the outdoor activities become mainly snow related at this time of year, there are a number of events to take part in that appeal to all age and adventure levels. Below are a few December highlights; many others can be found on the LRTA’s Events Calendar on its website:
- 16th Annual Festival of Trees: Dec. 2-4. Waukewan Golf Club, 166 Waukewan Road, Center Harbor. Decorated trees, raffles, cider and cookies; hosted by the Altrusa Club of Meredith. Admission: $3 for adults, free for children 5 and younger.
- Christmas at Canterbury: Saturdays, Dec. 3 and 10. Canterbury Shaker Village, 288 Shaker Road, Canterbury. Shakers.org. Enjoy a candlelight stroll and horse-drawn sleigh or wagon rides. Musical performances, craft and food demonstrations and a treasure hunt are all part of the holiday fun. Admission is $17 for adults, $8 for children ages 6-17, children 5 and younger are free; a $42 family rate covers 2 adults and 3 children.
- Yuletide Open Haus: Weekends until Christmas. Kellerhaus, 259 Endicott St., Weirs Beach. Kellerhaus.com. Celebrate 105 years of Kellerhaus! Enjoy sweet samples, and watch candy being made, including 10 new flavors of fudge. Raffle prizes will be given away, and donations for local food pantries will get the donator a free ice cream cone.
- Holiday Open House: Sunday, Dec. 4. Mill Falls Marketplace, Daniel Webster Highway, Meredith. MillFalls.com/
- Holiday Candy Cane Party: Sunday, Dec. 11. Gunstock Inn and Fitness Center, 580 Cherry Valley Road, Gilford. Gunstock.com. Meet Santa and Mrs. Claus and the elves, and dine on a grand lunch buffet. Tickets: $16.50 for adults, $8.50 for children 6-12 and free for children 5 and younger.
- Christmas at the Farm: Sunday, Dec. 18. Moulton Farm, 18 Quarry Road, Meredith. MoultonFarm.com. Meet Santa, listen to a Christmas story, decorate a gingerbread house and take a tractor ride around the farm, among other fun family activities! Register by calling (603) 279-3915.
- Santa Trains: Weekends through Dec. 18. Hobo Railroad, Route 112, Lincoln. www.SantaTrains.com. Get the family aboard a train with Santa and his elves; children can enjoy hot chocolate, cookies and a gift. Tickets: $15 in coach, $18 in first class.
- Gift of Lights: Through Jan. 1. New Hampshire Motor Speedway, 1122 Route 106 North, Loudon. NewHampshireGiftOfLights.com. The speedway will become home to more than one million LED lights and hundreds of Christmas light displays in a one-mile path around the park. This first annual event expects 120,000 visitors. Admission: $15 per vehicle.
The LRTA also regularly promotes discounts from its members to visitors, making it even more enticing to spend time in New Hampshire’s Lakes Region. Visit the LRTA’s website for more information on Hot Deals, including:
- Bed & Breakfast Stay 2 Nights, Get 3rd Night Free Special: A Newfound Bed and Breakfast, Bristol. ANewfoundBnB.com. Through May 29.
- Bed & Breakfast 2-for-1 Special: Cheney House Bed & Breakfast, Ashland. CheneyHouse.com. Through May 8.
- Lakefront Home Getaway Special: Camp Westwood, Sanbornton. www.vrbo.com/
The Lakes Region Tourism Association is the official tourism board of the region, representing close to 100 communities, 273 lakes and ponds, and more than 400 businesses in central New Hampshire, including area attractions, restaurants, retail establishments and accommodations. For more information or visitors guides, visit http://www.LakesRegion.org, http://www.facebook.com/
# # #
We take ideas from spark to finish! Full service marketing, advertising & public relations. Traditional & new media solutions! Since 1984, LTD Company has provided creative solutions for businesses seeking to take their marketing to the next level.