News By Tag
* Emart Energy 2011
* Energy Trading
* E On
* More Tags...
* Energy trading
* More Industries...
News By Place
Focus on cross-commodity trading at EMART Energy in Lyon next week
Cross-commodity trading, the development of dark and spark spreads in Europe and the impact of carbon will be discussed during the closing session of EMART Energy 2011 that is taking place from 23 November in Lyon, France.
Expectations for cross-commodity trading
“Energy commodities are linked now more than ever and on a global scale”, says EMART Energy progamme director Nel Jonk. She explains: “to be successful in today’s interconnected energy markets, Europe-based energy traders deploy integrated trading strategies to manage risk and capture value resulting from the relationships between power, gas, CO2, coal and freight. In the final session of this year’s EMART Energy, on 24 November, the expert panel will examine factors driving energy commodities, both in Europe and globally, and discuss cross-commodity topics such as the development of dark and spark spreads in Europe and the impact of carbon. This discussion will assist traders to better understand the drivers of relationships among the main energy variables.”
Size of European market by 2015
Further topics that will be touched upon during the final session include barriers to market entry of a financial player, price drivers for spread products and a discussion on what the size of the European traded energy market will be by 2015. Roger Strandahl, Director of Business and Regulatory Affairs at E.ON Energy Trading, will moderate this session.
• Andreas Gelfort, Head of Benelux/UK Power & Cross Commodity Trading, Vattenfall Energy Trading
• Folker Trepte, Partner, PwC
• Fabrizio Rinaldi, Head of Market Strategy & Derivatives, Edison Trading
• Paolo Coghe, Senior Analyst, Societe Generale
Other high-level energy experts at EMART Energy include:
• Pierre Chareyre, CEO, GDF SUEZ Trading, France
• Andras Hujber, Policy Officer, DG Energy, European Commission, Belgium
• Egbert Laege, Chief Commercial Officer, E.ON Energy Trading, Germany
• Paul van Son, Chairman of EFET and moderator of the panel session
• Christophe Gence Creux, Head of the Electricity Department, ACER
• Steve Gordon, Head of the Gas Department, ACER
• Laszlo Varro, Head, Gas, Coal and Power Division, IEA (International Energy Agency)
• Johannes Kindler, Vice President, Bundesnetzagentur
• Henry Derwent, President and CEO, IETA
Event dates and location:
Workshops : 21-22 November
Conference : 23-24 November
Centre de Congrés, 50 Quai Charles de Gaulle, Lyon, France
Event website: http://www.emart-
# # #
Clarion Events hosts strategic conferences conferences and seated events across Britain, Europe, North and South America, Africa, Middle East and Asia, from leisure and entertainment to finance, from retail to gaming and from fine art to energy.