News By Tag
News By Place
Real Status launches Hyperglance 1.3
Visualisation upgrade to be demonstrated at the IDC and VMware Virtualisation Cloud Security Conference in London, Booth Number 5 on 17 November A visibly different approach to prioritised IT decision-making
Following on from the original Hyperglance launched in April, and upgraded in August, Hyperglance 1.3 now has a whole range of new client features which make the software more intuitive to use and offers a more powerful visual impact.
Hyperglance is the world’s first real-time IT modelling and visualisation software that automatically builds three dimensional models showing the dependencies between IT applications and infrastructure. It then aggregates and visualises performance and security data from existing IT management tools on the model.
This new version, whose theme is “Filtering”
Stace Hipperson, CTO of Real Status says:
“Hyperglance is continually evolving and this latest version has been further enhanced to provide an even better user experience. We have made it more accessible to non-programmers by allowing everyone to create and save filters through the GUI, quickly and easily. The overall visual impact is also far more impressive. It has to be seen to be fully appreciated.”
A full list of client and server features is listed below.
New Client Features:
• Dynamic filter creation
- Filters may now be created without resorting to a scripting language. This is done by right-clicking an element in the user interface. The filter is then represented in a new, display/edit ‘Dynamic Filter’ window.
• Named Dynamic filters
- Dynamic filters can be named and saved to the ‘user’ filter folder for later re-use.
• Greatly reduced layout times for complex networks
- Algorithms have been optimised to greatly speed up the automatic layout of large topologies.
• Legend View
- It is now possible to create a legend to describe the various nodes and links from the 3D view.
• Parameterised Filters
- Filters can now be written to allow their parameters to be modified from the user interface. For example, for the ‘CPU Capacity’ filter below, nodes over 90% are coloured red and below 10% coloured blue. The thresholds for the colour change can now be adjusted by the user and then saved, if desired, as a user filter for subsequent re-use.
• Hierarchical filter view
- Filters can now be organised hierarchically using the familiar folder metaphor. There are 2 root folders: one called ‘user’ – for user-defined filters; the other called ‘system’ for the built-in filters.
• Automatic Filter view refresh
- The filter view now automatically detects when new filters are added or changed. The ‘Refresh’ button has been removed as it is now superfluous.
• Filter tooltip description support
- The effect of a filter can now be described in more detail with a ‘tool tip’ when you hover over the filter with your mouse.
• Attribute name-based searching
- The search function has been improved to allow the searching of node/link attributes by name as well as value.
New Server features:
• Improved SDK support for integrating additional data sources
- SDK support streamlined, documentation improved and additions to the SDK means it’s now easier than ever to integrate data sources into Hyperglance.
• Support for VMware snapshots added
- VMware storage devices have now been enhanced to show available ‘snapshot’
• Collector packaging simplified
- Collectors are now packaged in a single EAR or single SAR (no multi-part collectors) to simplify JBoss deployment.
About Real Status
Real Status is an IT infrastructure modelling and data visualisation software company, and our flagship product is Hyperglance. Hyperglance automatically builds three dimensional models showing the dependencies between IT applications and infrastructure. It aggregates and visualises performance and security data from existing IT management tools on the model in real time.
Hyperglance enables CIOs, IT managers and their teams to see their management data and key dependencies in one place and at one time for thousands of connected devices. Their priorities and decisions are based on understanding the business impact of problems and proposed IT changes, which reduces risks, lowers costs, and improves capacity utilisation.
Real Status’ market is enterprises and managed service providers with virtualized and distributed computing environments. Real Status is based in Cambridge, UK and San Jose, California, USA. For more information visit: www.real-status.com.
Follow Real Status on https://twitter.com/#!/
About IDC’s Virtualisation and Cloud Security Conference (17 November 2011)
ICT security is a top priority for IT professionals, and with the adoption of virtualisation and cloud computing there are major new concerns about virtualisation security. Hear how you can reap the benefits of virtualisation and cloud whilst knowing your security is sufficiently stable and advanced to protect your systems. For more information, please visit: https://www.vmworld.com
The event address is:
Grand Connaught Rooms
61-63 Great Queen Street
London, WC2B 5DA
For further information, please contact:
Sara Paine/Justine Smith
KISS Public Relations
T: + 44 (0)208 12345 75
# # #
KISS Public Relations is a subsidiary of KISS Communications, the integrated agency dedicated to keeping it simple.