News By Tag
* Christmas Presents
* More Tags...
News By Place
Christmas Shopping Plan for Bicyclists in Your Life - One Stop at Bumstead's Bicycles in Ontario
It's your favorite time of year. The lead up to buying dozens of Christmas presents for everyone you care about. Here's a way to do all your shopping in one place, and make a huge difference in peoples lives. Bicycle stuff at Bumstead's Bicycles.
Is it November already? Didn't I just get done figuring out the perfect gift for everybody on my list? And I'm a creative person. Shouldn't this be easy? I do try to pay attention. And I think I know my family and friends. Could it be that they already have so much?
My default always seems to go to food, slippers, or some hot electronic item. Gone are the days when we had no way to camouflage an album or even a CD. And I am so done with giving gift certificates and gift cards to a department store or restaurant.
And then I found inspiration. The very, very best possible thing to find under the tree has always been a bicycle. Oh, my! And, looking down my list, I realize that I might be able to do all my shopping in one store (Yes!) So I head on over to Bumstead's Bicycles on 4th and Mountain in Ontario to check out the possibilities.
I notice the signs and memorabilia and learn that Bumstead's has been family owned and operated for 102 years going on 103. Fourth generation owner Lloyd Bumstead likes my idea a lot. "December has almost always been one of our busiest months. Now with gas stuck at almost $4 a gallon, almost everyone is riding. And those that aren't are thinking about it."
Lloyd points out that basic bikes start at about $295 for single speed beach cruisers and bmx bikes. That makes these totally affordable for many of my planned purchases. Even the starter road bikes and mountain bikes with multiple gears and lots of fun components are under $500.
So I get out my list and Lloyd and his son, Garrison, offers suggestions for each rider I'm buying for.
1. What do you think your teen fixed gear guys would most want for Christmas? Could be a bike. The coolest components or accessories. Clothing items? Garrison says, "Try Soma Everwear tires for skidding, a chrome messenger bag, or the hot selling Burro toe straps."
2. What to get for the teen girl who is more of a beach cruiser type? Start her off with a great Nirve Cruiser. Then add the basket and basket liner, which are huge right now. The stocking gets a Hello Kitty bell and water bottle.
3. What to get for the urban cyclist who is using the bike for transportation?
4. What to get for the adult enthusiast? Shoes and apparel are always important to this rider. If you aren't quite sure which ones to get, this is one example where a gift certificate could work perfectly.
5. What to get for the bmx or trick rider? Upgrade to new pedals, grips, pegs, and tires.
There you have it. One stop shopping for all your family and friends. Forget the internet, the shopping mall, and go talk to Lloyd and Garrison. Their family has been helping to make great Christmas's for families in the Inland Empire since 1909.
# # #
Since 1909, For 103 years the Bumsteads have been selling and servicing bicycles in the Pomona Valley. Now serving the communities of Ontario, Upland, Chino, Rancho Cucamonga, Claremont, Montclair, and Pomona with Trek Bicycles and Nirve Cruisers,