News By Tag
* Worn Tyres
* More Tags...
News By Place
TyreSafe clicks with another new member
Blackcirlces.com, the UK’s leading online tyre retailer, is the newest member of TyreSafe, in a year which has seen recruitment levels at the not-for-profit organisation reach top gear.
As a supporter, Blackcircles.com will assist TyreSafe in a wide range of campaigns aimed at raising the awareness of correct tyre maintenance.
The online retailer’s decision to join is yet another clear indication that TyreSafe is making a real difference to making the country’s roads a safer place and that its message is being heard by all sectors within the automotive industry, as well as car drivers.
In fact, since TyreSafe started, the number of people killed or seriously injured each year in a tyre related incident has reduced by 38 per cent – surely no coincidence.
Mike Welch, Managing Director of Blackcircles.com, said: “A key priority for us has always been helping our customers to remain safe on the road by reducing the cost of their tyre purchase.
“Our decision to join TyreSafe now gives us a further opportunity to reach more people with our safety message and provide an information resource, through our website, that can help drivers to remain safe on the road.
“TyreSafe is the perfect partner for this safety push. They have been at the forefront of tyre safety for a number of years. We are delighted to be new members and look forward to giving our support to future campaigns however we can.”
Blackcircles.com currently has over 1,300 tyre fitting centres throughout the UK. Its website also has sections offering car servicing and maintenance, plus windscreen repairs.
Stuart Jackson, chairman, TyreSafe, said: “It’s great news to welcome Blackcircles.com to the TyreSafe family. With a high public profile, it will be a valuable addition to the organisation and will add even more weight to our good work.”
“The decision of Blackcircles.com to become a member also shows that TyreSafe is making a real difference for all road users by spreading the tyre safety message.
“However, we want as many people as possible to know who we are and what we stand for and we can only do this if more organisations in the tyre industry put pen to paper and become TyreSafe members,” says Stuart Jackson, chairman, TyreSafe.
Those interested in becoming TyreSafe members should contact Christine Joyce on 0845 3016852.
# # #
- TyreSafe is a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to raising awareness about the importance of correct tyre maintenance and the dangers of defective and worn tyres.
- In 2009, TyreSafe was awarded with the Prince Michael International Road Safety Award in recognition of its achievements in raising awareness about the dangers associated with driving on defective and worn tyres.
- TyreSafe supports the government’s ACT ON CO2 campaign which promotes Smarter Driving tips to help cut CO2 emissions from driving.
- TyreSafe is a signatory to the European Road Safety Charter which aims to reduce road fatalities.
- TyreSafe is a supporter of the UN Decade of Action for Road Safety which aims to make roads safer and save lives.