News By Tag
* More Tags...
News By Place
Mental Health News: Public Urged To Give This Gift Of Healing
The gift of "healing in a book" gives self-awareness and healthy skills changing your life and relationships on a deep level. This caring book helps mental distress and brings personal and occupational happiness, and a positive marriage and family.
As depression, addiction, family breakdown, and social and personal distress continue to increase, the College of Mental Health Counseling has published “healing in a book.” Simply reading this book brings self-understanding and healing of childhood experiences affecting adult life and relationships.
Counselors can present this as a holiday gift to clients to help their healing and progress while they attend counseling sessions.
A reader says:
"Loving every page as I devour every word. I'm sure you've heard this many times. Your insight is profound, challenging and stirring. By the time I had reached page 40, I had two huge realizations of my own regarding family of origin issues. I welcomed the tears of healing." – D.R., Alberta
See inside at http://www.amazon.com/
This in-depth look at the effects of childhood pain, abuse, and loss, is followed by specific ways to uncover and heal the hidden thoughts and emotions that undermine the ability to maintain a healthy relationship with self and others.
"Wow! At first glance I thought to myself here goes another one of those books that just keeps repeating itself. But no! By the time I reached "The Counseling Session," I began to look for my credit card. This is the best Effective Counseling Skills Text Book I have ever seen. And in just a few days I will have one as well. Thanks for the heads-up, and if anyone out in cycberland hasn't purchased this book, you are missing out." – V.G., Counselor, Texas Treatment Services, Dallas
You will learn:
1. How to recognize unhealthy patterns of loss and conflict that get repeated in your life.
2. How to grieve and let go of the pain of past losses of parental caring, family breakdown, deaths of loved ones, and other types of loss.
3. How to prevent the suicide of friends and family members.
4. How to communicate in healthy ways that go beyond control, by teaching assertive communication, listening skills, and mutual problem-solving to promote acceptance and restore cooperation and genuine caring.
5. How to heal and solve common issues in marriage: infidelity, addiction, anger and hostility, managing finances, sexual alienation, and more.
This easy-read book is also used as a text for training counselors online. To see numerous comments of readers and course participants in the College, who are benefitting personally and professionally, see http://www.ctihalifax.com/
To see a video presentation by the author visit http://www.youtube.com/
# # #
We provide online professional counselor training and on-going online supervision and support for the general public seeking personal growth and entry to the counseling profession. Employment assistance is included in the training program.