News By Tag
News By Place
Big Vision Empty Wallet Teams with Canon for National Film Pitch Competition
Big Vision Empty Wallet Teams with Canon for National Film Pitch Competition In Search of the Next Great Feature Film with Grand Prize Valued Over $100,000
When contestants submit to the competition they receive a free one-year membership to Big Vision Empty Wallet. Contestants must be residents of the United States. To submit, visit: http://www.bigvisionemptywallet.com/
Participants must submit the following by January 30, 2012:
• A treatment for their dream feature film that they would make using the valuable prizes provided by the competition sponsors.
• A promotional video, trailer or scene that pitches their film.
• Bios of the creative team.
The Top 10 Finalists will be announced on BigVisionEmptyWallet.com on February 10, 2012, at which time, online voting will open to decide the online winner. The esteemed judges will give each finalist a score based on originality, style, professionalism, marketability, quality of work and so on. The Top 3 Finalists will be announced on March 1, 2012.
The Top 3 Finalists will have from March 1, 2012 – April 1, 2012 to complete the first draft of their screenplay and submit it for judging in the final round. Online voting for the best pitch video will continue throughout this time.
The judging panel will select the Grand Prize Winner, which will be announced on BigVisionEmptyWallet.com and RottingTelevision.com on May 1, 2012.
The judging panel includes:
• Russell Carpenter - Academy Award-Winning Cinematographer, Titanic
• Maureen Ryan - Producer, Academy Award-Winning Documentary Man on Wire, Project Nim
• Heather Matarazzo - Actress, Welcome to the Dollhouse (Independent Spirit Award)
• Rik Cordero - Award Winning Commercial, Film and Music Video Director
• Alex Buono - Academy Award Nominated Cinematographer, 10-year veteran Saturday Night Live
• June Diane Raphael - Writer and star of upcoming feature Ass Backwards, Writer of Bride Wars
“It isn’t our goal to simply find the next great feature film, we will also enable the winner to get their dream film made,” said BVEW co-founder Dani Faith Leonard. “The grand prize package is huge. I wish I could win it!”
“We are extremely grateful and excited to be teaming with all of our sponsors, especially Canon during the exciting launch of their brand new cameras,” said BVEW co-founder Alex Cirillo.
Big Vision Empty Wallet is an international networking organization dedicated to bringing together artists and innovators and helping them create, collaborate, and showcase their work. We inspire the creative class to create great change by creating great work.
FIND ARTISTS TO COLLABORATE WITH:
- Attend our ongoing events in cities around the world.
- Post casting and crewing notices on our projects board and in our member bulletin.
- Create a profile on our site where you can share your work and information about yourself as an artist and the art you create.
- Interact with other members who you want to work with by sending them a private message on the site.
CREATE WITH EASE:
- Take advantage of our exclusive member deals and discounts.
- Use our resource guide, including over 125 production forms, NY and LA vendor directories, as well as our listings of film commissions and unions.
SHOWCASE YOUR WORK:
- Screen your films or exhibit your work at our events.
- Gain free online entry to all of our online competitions.
- Upload your work onto your member profile.
Give back to your community at our local Chapter events in NY, LA, Philly and DC. We host events in other cities around the world too and will be expanding our events to Chicago, Boston, Toronto, London and Madrid! Each Chapter is associated with local charities and non-profits. Our membersʼ work is always showcased through screenings, exhibits and performances as members network and give back.
For more information and to become a member of Big Vision Empty Wallet, visit http://www.bigvisionemptywallet.com/
# # #
A public relations consultancy based in New York City helping independent filmmakers, musicians and arts, media, and entertainment organizations gain positive public awareness, media attention and brand recognition.
Page Updated Last on: Nov 03, 2011