News By Tag
News By Place
Veteran LAPD Sergeant Covers Home Security with Humor and Professional Insight
Illustrated security guide offers easy no-cost and low-cost tips to protect what we love most.
1,786 people will be a victim of theft,
burglary or other property crime
92 will be assaulted
47 will be robbed
10 will be raped
2 will be murdered
These crimes and more occur every hour, all day, every day!
The alarming numbers are clear: We cannot rely on law enforcement personnel to protect us. Ultimately, we are responsible for our own safety. If we are complacent or believe our life is charmed and somehow immune from the ruthless savages who roam our streets, re-read the FBI’s statistics above.
HOME & PERSONAL SECURITY is a fresh approach to learning how to protect ourselves, our family and our property. Written by a 20-year LAPD veteran, John knows from experience which security measures work and which do not.
Packed with dozens of photos and illustrations, you will learn:
* How to properly secure windows & doors.
* How cylinder locks can be defeated & which type of
lock may be best for you.
* How to avoid a home invasion robbery.
* Why and how someone can easily "bug" you
and your home and what you can do about it.
* How security cameras can and cannot help you.
* How the condition of a home's landscaping can
affect the likelihood of being targeted by a burglar.
* Which personal protection devices you should own.
* Why an alarm service may not be the best option.
* Measures to protect your property when you are away.
* Why proper outside lighting is vital.
* How to easily make an inventory of what you own.
This valuable resource is now available as an E-book from Barnes & Noble at: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Sgt. John Hakala (Ret.) was an LAPD supervisor, police academy instructor and member of Chief Daryl Gates' personal staff. He founded Cressida Investigative Services in 1987, a leading Southern California private investigation agency. His expertise has been called upon as a Technical Advisor for major motion pictures, including The Italian Job and The Lodger. He is a criminal defense investigator for the Los Angeles County Superior Court panel and member of Mensa. John’s clients include national insurance companies, Fortune 500 self-insured companies, law firms, TPA’s and the public.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact John Hakala at: 1-805-527-7035 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Cressida Investigative Services, PO Box 2042, Simi Valley, CA 93062