News By Tag
* Catholic Charities West Tennessee
* Domestic Violence
* Sophia's House
* West Tennessee
* More Tags...
News By Location
CCWTN Launches Safe Starts Here Campaign Promoting Domestic Violence Awareness
CCWTN Launches Safe Starts Here Campaign to promote domestic violence awareness in Memphis. The campaign also provides domestic violence victims with the resources necessary to get help.
Incidents of Domestic Violence tend to increase as we enter into the Holiday season, and this is the reason for the timing of our launch now.
Funded through the generosity of a private grant, the Safe Starts Here campaign is aimed at victims and those agencies that provide support to victims. Our campaign will run through December 31, 2011 and will include:
• Public Service Announcements on WMC TV 5 (and its sister stations)
• Public Service Announcements on a variety of Memphis radio stations
• Outdoor bill boards and bus shelter ads
• A new web site www.SafeStartsHere.org
• Printed materials provided to over 200 police, medical, religious, transportation and community organizations in West Tennessee for distribution to victims in need of our help.
• Social Media efforts via FaceBook, Twitter, etc.
Victims or referral agencies should call our new toll-free number 1 (855) SOPHIA3 (1-855-767-4423)
For more information, please contact Alie Lifsey at alie.lifsey@
# # #
Serving people of all ages and from all walks of life, Catholic Charities of West Tennessee is one of the largest nonprofit, multi-social service providers in the Mid-South. Through their numerous community outreach programs, they strive to improve lives on a fundamental and lasting basis.
*Homeless Services provides residential treatment to men, women,
& children who are themselves homeless due to mental illness,
addiction, or domestic violence.
* Extended Child Care Services offers licensed & accredited after
school programs & summer camps for Pre-Kindergarten through
Middle School students.
*Refugee & Immigration Services offers reception &
placement, case management, employment & education
services (including ESL), family reunification applications, &
adjustment of status (green card) services.
*St. Peter Ministries provides emergency relief, such as food,
clothing, utility, prescription assistance, & Gifts for God’s
Children, as well as community counseling.