News By Tag
* Educational Games
* Award Winning Games
* Card Games
* Board Games
* Word Games
* Mcneill Designs
* You've Been Sentenced
* More Tags...
News By Location
McNeill Designs supports exceptional teachers with donation of educational games
Educational toy and game manufacturer McNeill Designs recently supported eight exceptional teachers at North Side Elementary near Harrisburg, PA with an $800 donation of educational games for each of the school’s fourth and fifth grade classrooms.
The donation was made after McNeill Designs’ principles learned about North Side Elementary School's Khristina Renninger, an exceptional fifth grade teacher, who was one of the teachers selected nationwide to receive a surprise visit and $1000 in classroom supplies through OfficeMax’s annual “A Day Made Better” program.
In an article about the Office Max program, the creators of the You’ve been Sentenced! word game were thrilled to hear that one of Ms. Renniger’s classes’ favorite activities is playing the You’ve been Sentenced! word game.
“Since none of the other fourth or fifth grade classes at the school had a copy of You’ve been Sentenced!, we decided to make a surprise visit of our own,” explains McNeill Designs for Brighter Minds’ CEO Donald McNeill. The event was facilitated by North Side Elementary School’s Principal Dr. Mary Nardo, a tireless advocate for innovation in the classroom.
McNeill Designs’ flagship word game, the multi award-winning You’ve been Sentenced! is a unique word game that has drawn overwhelming positive reviews from children, parents and educators alike. You’ve been Sentenced! is a fun and memorable tool to help understand, construct and deliver a complete sentence in a competitive and fun way.
The game has consistently been recognized for excellence by the toy and game industry, as well as by education experts. The game is the recipient of an impressive list of awards and honors since its introduction to the marketplace including:
• Oppenheim Toy Portfolio, Gold Seal Award
• iParenting Media, Hot Product Award
• Creative Child Magazine, Seal of Excellence
• Dr. Toy, Best Products Award
• Spewgie Award, Best Family Fun Game Award
• Tillywig Award, Laugh Out Loud Fun Award
• Scholastic Instructor Magazine, Best of Teachers Picks Award
• National Parenting, Seal of Approval
• Mr. Dad, Gold Seal of Approval
• Dad Does, Approved Award
• Parent Tested Parent Approved, Best Product
• The Toy Man, Seal of Excellence, 5 Stars
• Parents with Style, Stylish Product Award
• Mensa Parenting for High Potential, Hot Product
• FAO Schwarz Toy Auditions, Winner
• George Lucas Educational Foundation's Edutopia magazine, Hot Media for Educators
Based in Wilmington, Delaware and founded in 2004, McNeill Designs launched into the marketplace with a series of innovative board, card, and party games including its flagship product, the word game, You’ve been Sentenced! Following up its success the education game company added the multi award-winning memory game Twisted Fish, as well as a number of You’ve been Sentenced! themed add-on decks including the most recent addition in 2011, the NASA Space Terminology Deck.
For more information about McNeill Designs for Brighter Minds and the You’ve been Sentenced! word game please visit www (dot) McNeillDesigns (dot) com