News By Tag
* Green Living
* Green Living Show
* Corporate Responsibility
* More Tags...
News By Place
Winners of Green Living’s Excellence in Corporate Responsibility Awards Announced!
Twenty winners, three honourable mentions and one Outstanding Achievement Award. Greeen Living's ECR Awards a great success.
The Excellence in Corporate Responsibility (ECR) Awards program was developed to honour and celebrate corporate Canadians for outstanding work and dedication in creating sustainable and ethical practices within the business framework. Professionals from small, medium and large corporations in a range of industries were eligible to apply. Each category includes the following sub categories: a team of up to eight individuals, a senior corporate individual, and a staff member below VP level. Judging was based on leadership and innovation, performance and results, and process.
The winners of the 2011 ECR Awards are:
1. Large Business: Resources: Oil, Gas, Forestry and Mining
* Staff: Craig Stenhouse, Group Lead, Corporate Responsibility, Cenovus Energy Inc.
* Senior: Bill Galloway, Senior Vice President, Holcim (Canada) Inc.
* Team: Holcim (Canada) Inc.
2. Large Business: Resources: Manufacturers
* Staff: Carl Blanchet, Corporate Director of Business Development, Cascades
* Team: Catalyst Paper
3. Large Business: Financial Services, Insurance and Professional Services
* Staff: Marty Janowitz, Vice President and Practice Leader, Sustainable Development, Stantec Consulting Ltd.
* Senior: Debbie Baxter, Vice President of Corporate Social Responsibility and Facilities Management/Chief Sustainability Officer, LoyaltyOne Inc.
* Team: TD Bank Financial Group
4. Large Business: Retail, Packaged Goods, Consumer Brands
* Staff: Michel Lemay Transat, Vice President, Communications and Corporate Affairs and Chief Brand Officer, Transat A. T. Inc.
* Senior: Tyler Elm, Vice President, Business Sustainability, Corporate Strategy and Business Development, Canadian Tire Corporation
* Team: Sears Canada Inc.
5. Large Business: Information, Communications, Technology
* Senior: Emechete Onuoha, Vice President Citizenship and Government Affairs, Xerox Canada Ltd.
* Team: Hewlett-Packard (Canada) Co.
6. Medium Business
* Staff: Kate Scholz, Sustainability Coordinator, Hemlock Printers Ltd.
* Senior: Tom Heintzman, Co-Founder and President, Bullfrog Power
* Team: Steam Whistle Brewing
7. Small Business
* Staff: Jennifer Williams, CEO, La Siembra Co-operative
* Senior: Jim Harris, Author, Management Consultant, Speaker – Strategic Advantage
* Team: Lanefab Design/Build
8. Industry Associations, Chambers of Commerce, Boards of Trade
* Team: The Greater Toronto CivicAction Alliance Toronto
Honourable mentions were awarded to:
1. Large Business: Financial Services, Insurance, Professional Services
* Team: Stantec Consulting Ltd.
2. Medium Business
* Team: Sheraton Centre Toronto
3. Small Business
* Senior: Doug Burgoyne, Founder and President FROGBOX Inc.
The Outstanding Achievement Award recognizes the late Ray Anderson, CEO of Interface, Inc., a successful business leader who experienced a mid-career epiphany leading him to dedicate himself to Mission Zero—his company’s promise to eliminate any negative impact it may have on the environment by the year 2020. Ray was a role model, inspiration and mentor to many.
Full descriptions of the winners’ achievements are detailed in the attached winners’ list.
The Excellence in Corporate Responsibility Awards program was developed by industry experts with deep knowledge of corporate responsibility within Canada, including Laurie Simmonds of Green Living Enterprises, Valérie Bécaert of CIRAIG, Toby Heaps of Corporate Knights, Bob Mann of Jantzi-Sustainalytics, Chad Park of The Natural Step Canada, Marlo Raynolds of the Pembina Institute, sustainability consultant Lorraine Smith, and author and sustainability expert Bob Willard. Judges include Kelly Baxter of The Natural Step, Valérie Bécaert of CIRAIG, Heather Lang of Jantzi-Sustainalytics and Matt McCulloch of the Pembina Institute.
For more information or to submit an application for the 2012 ECR Awards program, please contact Brenda Halkiw at 416 360 0044 ext 612/ bhalkiw@green-
About Green Living
Green Living Enterprises works with companies in the corporate sector to define their strategies and communications as it relates to environmental issues and corporate social responsibility. Green Living Enterprises is a full-service, one-stop solution for green marketing, product and program development, custom publishing and event management. An authentically green company, Green Living also includes Greenlivingonline and the Green Living Show, North America’s largest green consumer show dedicated to easy and workable solutions for leading a sustainable lifestyle.
For more information about the winners, please check out the following link.