News By Tag
News By Place
Medi-Weightloss Clinics of Chicagoland launches corporate weight loss program
Medi-Weightloss Clinics of Chicagoland announces the launch of a corporate weight loss program which provides a discount for each employee of a participating company.
By: Andy Richardson
Obesity is of grave concern to employers, and it should be. The total cost of obesity to United States companies is estimated at a whopping $13 billion per year. Overweight and obese employees lead to higher health care utilization rates, lowered productivity, increased absenteeism, elevated health and disability insurance premiums and other consequences that affect the employer’s bottom line.
A new study by the Kaiser Family Foundation, a not-for-profit research group that annually tracks employer-sponsored health insurance, shows that this year – 2011 – the average annual premium for a family by an employer is $15,073, an increase of 9 percent over 2010.
Offering a comprehensive program that delivers not only sustained weight loss but also improved lifestyle behaviors in areas including nutrition and fitness is the best thing a company can do, to not only help keep insurance costs in moderation, but to help curb the national obesity epidemic.
The company may choose to:
* Help defray costs to employees be offering to pay for a portion of their weight loss. It can be made a part of the flexible spending account which offers savings on taxes.
* Offer employees time off to meet with Medi Weightloss staff at the Medi clinic in Naperville or Hinsdale.
* Have a Medi-Weightloss Clinics professional run a health fair in the office. The Medi team can provide free blood pressure screening and weight loss advice based on the individual consultations.
“Unlike many companies offering weight loss solutions for businesses, Medi does not required a subscription or charge any fees,” said Bill Pienias, managing partner of Chicago’s Medi-Weightloss Clinics. “Educating employees about the obesity crisis is the first step to a healthier and more productive workplace.”
Weight loss is a serious undertaking and can have significant ramifications on a person’s body. Any weight loss program must take into account a person’s medical history, current conditions and medications, as well as many other factors that could adversely affect one’s health if not properly supervised. Medi’s approach of treating obesity as a disease keeps it on the forefront of combating this issue for individuals.
Medi-Weightloss Clinics are focused on four areas that make a huge difference in an employee’s life. Those areas are:
* Medical – focused on body composition, what is happening in the client’s body, along with using time tested medical tools that assist people in forming good thinking, eating, and exercise habits.
* Nutritional – Medi teaches food fundamentals which allow a client to eat real food and is transferable to all walks of life. It empowers people in all situations.
* Physiological / Human Kinetics – emphasizing range of motion, strength, and body movements for busy people in a convenient way.
* Consultations – in treating the whole person on how to succeed with life changes in diet, physical movement, and body composition.
A typical Medi patient will lose between five to 10 pounds the first week. Following the 12 week program the average person loses 40 pounds.
For true success, weight loss plans need to be individualized, and the corporate weight loss plan begins with a complete health assessment including a health history, dieting history, BMI, an EKG, blood pressure, and blood work. The program is physician-supervised. There are weekly individual counseling sessions as well as education on portion control, explanation of how body fat loss is achieved, structured transition plans, metabolic testing for accurate calorie needs during maintenance, accountability aids and encouragement all the way.
The first Medi-Weightloss Clinic in Chicagoland opened in January, 2011, at 543 Chestnut St., Suite 110, Hinsdale. The second Chicagoland Medi-Weightloss Clinic opened Aug. 22, 2011, at 1879 Bay Scott Circle, Naperville.
For more information, call 630-468-2434 or visit: http://www.mediweightlossclinics.com/
# # #
Medi-Weightloss Clinic offers a physician-supervised, custom weight loss program. Patients eat nutritious food purchased in the grocery store. The program focuses on four main areas: medical, nutritional, physiological / human kinetics, and consultations. Patients lose up to 5-10 pounds the first week and up to 20 pounds the first month.