News By Tag
News By Location
Awards sweep for Peckforton Castle
Leading Cheshire hotel, wedding, conference and events venue, Peckforton Castle has been shortlisted for a total of 6 awards that recognise their excellence across the design, hospitality, business tourism, dining and conference markets.
24th October 2011, Tarporley, Cheshire
Leading Cheshire hotel, wedding, conference and events venue, Peckforton Castle has been shortlisted for a total of 6 awards that recognise their excellence across the design, hospitality, business tourism, dining and conference markets. The nominations follow success at the national HBAA Awards where the Castle picked up Conference Venue of the Year as well as two shortlisted places at the recent Cheshire Business Awards.
Peckforton Castle is celebrating a nomination for their contribution to North West enterprise by being nominated for Best Family Business in the Northwest Entrepreneur Awards, presented by EN Magazine.
Furthermore, at a completely different end of the spectrum, the Castle’s exceptional design and refurbishment program has been nominated for Best Property and Best Hotel Design in a glittering celebration of design and style at the Northern Design Awards.
The Castle has also been recognised for its outstanding work it has done in the tourism industry in the region by being nominated for Best Small Hotel, Excellence in Business Tourism and Taste of Cheshire in the prestigious Marketing Cheshire Awards.
The Castle has received the nominations despite a suspected arson attack on the venue in June and the Castle’s owners and staff believe any win will help contribute to the rebuilding of business. Chris Naylor, Managing Director, notes, “Myself and the family are so proud of our staff for really pulling together and continuing to make our venue so very extra special. The amount of nominations we have received are testament to their hard work and the support we have received from our community, guests and clients. Thank you.”
Peckforton Castle, Stone House Lane, Tarporley, Cheshire, CW6 9TN
1. Peckforton Castle is a four star hotel, Conference Venue of the Year 2011awarded by HBAA and Small Hotel of the Year 2009 awarded by Visit Chester & Cheshire.
2. The Castle suffered a suspected arson attack in the early hours of the 19th June 2011. Around 25% of the Castle was damaged but conferences, events and even weddings are going ahead as much to plan as possible. Extensive rebuilding and restoration work has begun, in conjunction with English Heritage with the view to it being reopened in Feb 2012.
3. During 2010 the hotel underwent a £1.7m restoration programme to provide additional facilities including the 2010 Brasserie, beauty treatment area Tranquility at Peckforton Castle and 11 new en-suite bedrooms.
4. The Castle’s 1851 Restaurant is holder of 2 AA Rosettes and a Taste Cheshire Award.
5. Commissioned in 1840 by John Tollemache, Peckforton Castle was designed by famous architect Anthony Salvin.
6. Peckforton Castle is English Heritage Grade I listed, family owned hotel nestled in the heart of Cheshire with excellent links from North Wales, Liverpool and Manchester.
7. There are currently 48 en-suite bedrooms.
8. The Castle is a very popular wedding venue hosting more than 220 weddings each year.
9. Boasting excellent corporate facilities, the Castle offers a unique corporate experience to business guests.
10. Activities include Falconry displays, the Landrover Experience, team building options and onsite spa treatments.
# # #
We are Britain's only intact medieval style castle. From weddings to conferences, Christmas parties to relaxing leisure breaks, all take place within these uniquely historic and utterly picturesque surroundings.