News By Tag
* Auto Repair In Phoenix
* Phoenix's Best Auto Repair
* Virginia Auto Service
* Phoenix Auto Repair
* More Tags...
* Auto repair
* More Industries...
News By Location
Follow on Google News
7 Scary things that can happen while driving
October 10th, 2011 – Sure, we’ve all see that “check engine light” come on, but did you know that you should pull over right away if it’s flashing?
By: Wendy Kenney
1. Flashing Yellow Light on the Dashboard:Basic rule of thumb, there are yellow lights and there are red lights on the dashboard of your car. Yellow lights are caution lights and an indicator that you need to check on something. However, if the yellow light “Check Engine” light is flashing, that is an indication of something seriously wrong. You should pull over immediately. It could indicate an engine misfire and if not dealt with, the catalytic converter could be seriously damaged, costing thousands to repair.
2. Red Light on the Dashboard:If a red light comes on that’s a sign that something is urgently wrong and you should pull over immediately. Examples of red lights could be engine light, battery charge warning light, brake system warning light, oil pressure warning light. If any of these warning lights stay on after starting or illuminates during a journey, stop immediately, switch off the engine and check to see what is wrong.
3. Sudden Loss of Power Steering. A loss of power steering could indicate a broken belt. The issue is that new model cars only have one belt in the engine and that belt regulates the power steering water pump, alternator and more. If that belt breaks other components will be affected as well and could cause serious and expensive damage to the engine. .
3. Burning, Sweet, or Acidic Smells: Unusual smells emanating from the car could be the sign of a serious leak. Antifreeze smells sweet when it burns and if you smell that it could indicate radiator damage or leakage to the radiator. You don’t want to drive the car without any radiator fluid, it will burn the car up.
4. Smoke or steam coming from the engine.Smoke could indicate fire, or oil leaking onto a hot engine; neither good. Steam could indicate sudden loss of coolant in the radiator. Again, if you continue driving, you can put yourself and your car in serious danger.
5. Loud Knocking Noise Coming from the Engine: Indicates damage has already occurred in the engine. Could be a broken fan, water pump, loss of oil or more. Do not continue to drive!! Pull over immediately!
6. Brakes Not Working Properly: If you push on the brake pedal and it goes all the way to the floor, something is wrong. Also, if you see the red brake light on your dash. Pull over immediately.
WHO: Matt Allen, Automotive Expert, ASE Certified Technician, Owner of Virginia Auto Service in Phoenix
WHAT: Available for live or taped interviews to talk about the scary things that can happen while driving and what to do when they occur.
About Virginia Auto Service:
Virginia Auto Service has provided Central Phoenix with top-quality auto repair and service since 1995. Specializing in Japanese and European Imports, Domestic Cars, Light Trucks & SUV’s.
All of their technicians are certified by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE). Virginia Auto Service is accredited by the Better Business Bureau, and a member of the NAPA Auto Care Center, and NARPRO(Neighborhood Auto Professionals)
They are the 2011 Winner of the Phoenix Chamber of Commerce Impact Award in Response to Adversity as well as a MotorAge Top 10 Shop in the Nation.
# # #
We help small business owners and start ups build buzz for their business through creative marketing strategies that work!