Teneo works with Plan UK to build a new pre-school in Ghana

Teneo is funding construction of a new pre-school in Motigu, North West Ghana, working together with children’s charity Plan UK.
By: Simon Bennett, Agility PR Ltd
Building the school in Motigu, Ghana
Building the school in Motigu, Ghana
Oct. 11, 2011 - PRLog -- Teneo, a fast-growing IT infrastructure optimisation specialist based at Theale Lakes near Reading, is funding the construction of a new pre-school for the town of Motigu in Ghana. The company is providing 90% of the funding with its fifty employees set a challenge to raise funds for the remaining 10%.  The new pre-school will accommodate 166 pre-school pupils aged between 3-6 years old and it will replace an existing derelict building.

The new pre-school is now being built with construction managed by Plan UK representatives based in Ghana together with the local community in Motigu.  The building will include three large classrooms, an office and storage area, with the classrooms fully equipped with furniture and teaching materials.  The previous building did not have sanitary toilets or even a clean, reliable supply of drinking water.  The new pre-school will include a rainwater harvesting system to provide drinking water together with a block housing four toilets.  The land has been donated and the local community is helping with construction of the pre-school, with the project on target for completion in April 2012.

Plan UK is a registered charity which works in 48 countries globally to help children in the world’s poorest countries to help them build a better future.  Plan has worked in Ghana since 1992, with programmes benefiting 28,379 children in 300 communities across the country.  For the new pre-school, the funding also includes support for the School Management Committee, with the Ghana Education Service funding teachers’ salaries for the long term.

Teneo employees were inspired to embark on this ambitious project after staff achieved sales targets and were awarded with a company-wide trip to Kenya.  Seeing the differences between the lives of children in Kenya and in the UK spurred Teneo on to help children in Africa.   The company set its employees the challenge of raising 10% of the project cost (£3,350) will employees engaged in a range of fundraising activities which have already raised £2,015.  Teneo supports many good causes and all employees are allowed a ‘Volunteer Day’ to dedicate to an organisation of their choice.

Piers Carey, chief executive officer, Teneo, commented:
“As a company, we are inspired by the work that Plan UK does and the difference that its projects make to the lives of children in poorer countries.  Similar to our ambitions for the company, we also have ambitions to help others and building the pre-school in Motigu reflects this.  Projects such as Motigu help galvanise our staff together and make them think of the world outside our business and how they can help – our staff develop new skills and a new outlook.  I would recommend that any business large or small looks at what they can do to help causes that they are passionate about.”

To see the various fundraising activities organised by Teneo staff and to donate to the Motigu appeal, visit http://www.justgiving.com/teams/Teneo


Notes to editors
Pictures of the school building works are available from Agility PR, contact details below.

About Teneo Ltd
Teneo is an Infrastructure Optimisation specialist with worldwide reach, focused on helping businesses to meet corporate and IT objectives through accelerating the performance of global network infrastructures, improving user productivity, automating management within the Data Centre and lowering overall IT costs.

With over 1500 customers on an international scale, Teneo understands the challenges of supplying, deploying and managing technology over widely distributed locations and offers a range of innovative solutions and services to help businesses not only achieve this but also realise the full cost saving potential of their technology investments.

For further information about Teneo Ltd, please contact:
Lauren Fortune, marketing manager, Teneo Ltd
Tel: +44 (0)118 983 8600.  Email: lfortune@teneo.net

For all media enquiries, please contact:
Miles Clayton / Simon Bennett, Agility PR Limited
Tel: +44 (0)1992 586 190.  Email: miles@agilitypr.co.uk  simon@agilitypr.co.uk

# # #

Teneo is an Infrastructure Optimisation Company, providing solutions that help customers with the Management, Performance and Virtualisation of their IT systems.
Email:***@agilitypr.co.uk Email Verified
Phone:0118 983 8600
Zip:RG7 4GB
Tags:Teneo, Riverbed, It Infrastructure, Reading, Berkshire, Plan UK, School, Motigu, Ghana, Piers Carey
Industry:Business, Society, Non-profit
Location:Reading - Berkshire - England
Account Email Address Verified     Disclaimer     Report Abuse
Teneo News
Most Viewed
Daily News

Like PRLog?
Click to Share