News By Tag
* More Tags...
News By Place
Forensic Investigation of Explosions, Second Edition
This 2nd Edition draws on 30 years of explosives casework, including task forces set up to investigate major explosives incidents. Dr. Alexander Beveridge provides a broad, multidisciplinary approach, with contributions from international experts.
Topics discussed include:
* The physics and chemistry of explosives and explosions
* The detection of hidden explosives
* The effect of explosions on structures and persons
* Aircraft sabotage investigations
* Explosion scene investigations
* Casework management
* The role of forensic scientists
* Analysis of explosives and their residues
* Forensic pathology as it relates to explosives
* Presentation of expert testimony
With nearly 40 percent more material, this new edition contains revised chapters and several new topics, including:
* A profile of casework management in the UK Forensic Explosives Laboratory, one of
the world’s top labs, with a discussion of their management system, training
procedures, and practical approaches to problem solving
* Properties and analysis of improvised explosives
* An examination of the Bali bombings and the use of mobile analytical techniques and
* The collection, analysis, and presentation of evidence in vehicle-borne improvised
explosive device cases, as evidenced in attacks on US overseas targets
This volume offers valuable information to all members of prevention and post-blast teams. Each chapter was written by an expert or experts in a specific field and provides well-referenced information underlying best practices that can be used in the field, laboratory, conference room, classroom, or courtroom.
About the Author
Dr. Alexander (Sandy) Beveridge is a consultant forensic chemist and lawyer in Vancouver, Canada. He is a fellow of the Chemical Institute of Canada and had a 30-year career in the Forensic Science Service of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, where he headed the chemistry section in the Vancouver laboratory for many years. Sandy conducts courses and workshops on forensic investigation of explosions from practical, scientific, and legal perspectives for investigators and at academic institutions.
ISBN: 9781420087253, 830 pp., Hardback, $149.95
# # #
CRC Press, part of the Taylor & Francis Group, is a preeminent publisher in information management and security, telecommunications, software engineering, and project management. For more information visit our website at http://www.crcpress.com.