News By Tag
* Spam. Block Spim
* Block Spam
* Parental Control
* Employee Monitor
* Parental Monitoring
* Employee Monitoring
* More Tags...
News By Location
The Dangers of Spim In The Company And The Family
Why you are receiving so many spim in IM (Instant Messenger)? It happens to the company and the family, and how to deal with these spims and spams is of vital importance.
By: Jayci Zheng
For more please visit http://any-
There is an example to prove this phenomenon. Mister Hanson works in a foreign trading corporation, and he has to log in his IM account to read messages from his partners or chat with them online, but every time after he successfully logs on, a great many of chat windows with spam message pops up, and many times the contents contain colorful link requesting for a date, it's rather provoking 'cuz the spam message senders are not in his friend list. What he should do to block spammers? What if our tweens click the malicious hyperlink and view the sexual pictures? Employee monitoring or parental control monitoring program can be helpful. There is also another option, you can tweak some configuration to only receive messages from friend list. It is as easy as it should be.
If you think you can block junk message by conventional means, you absolutely make a wrong judgment. These privacy mechanisms are not that hard to bypass, spambots are still there, and messaging spam are transferring all the time. Executives have been thinking on how to block Instant Messenger, monitor employee and utilize employee monitor program since abuse of IM can weaken staff effectiveness, while for parent, junk message can make your PC infected using viruses, parental control monitoring comes into play. What else could you do to block spim?
For enterprise employer, you should:
1. Establish Acceptable Instant Messenger Usage Policy. This is the 1st step to control IM abuse and avoid improper use of IM. Quite often, employees are spending time using AOL Messenger internally or externally with their colleagues, friends, and etc. It sets regulations of appropriate IM communication.
2. Monitor and archive IM. You have to utilize surveillance product such as employee monitor software to aid in enforcing Usage Policy. Besides, employee monitor assures liability protection, and prevents company classified files divulgation by scanning Internet bandwidth over company's modem.
3. Choose an/a exclusive safe IM in the company. Select the most secure Instant messenger as the communication software. Documents ought to be scanned before transferring. Monitoring employee helps manager to track the files' location.
For parents who have children, please refer to following suggestions.
1. Install anti scam-ware software and parent monitoring software to record unsolicited spim for assuring children safety against computer phishing.
2. Tell your kids not to click any dubious link in IM chat box which may link to malicious sites.
For more please visit http://any-employee-
3. Communicate with your children about the potential hazards of IM, equip yourself with Internet knowledge to be informative and be your children's supervisor on instant messaging and other network usage.
# # #
SurveilStar is a dedicated PC/Internet Monitoring software company based in Montreal, providing an all-round solutions of employee productivity improvement, data leakage prevention, intellectual property protection and parental control for business, education, government and even home users.