News By Tag
News By Location
On the Leading Edge of Peace:
Let It Begin With Me Offers Insights from 21 Modern Peacebuilders
“September 21 is the day we come together with a common commitment to ‘let peace begin with me.’ That is why I’m excited to introduce this collaborative book, which offers 21 perspectives on the meaning of peace and how to live it in your personal life and your community,” said author Mindy Audlin.
Audlin conducted the interviews as part of The Leading Edge, a Unity Online Radio (www.unity.fm)
• Edgar Mitchell, Apollo astronaut and founder of the Institute of Noetic Sciences, who shares how viewing earth from space changed his perspective on life.
• Howard Martin, an executive with the Institute of HeartMath, who discusses the science of inner peace and the real world implications of starting the peace process “from within.”
• B.J. Dohrman, founder of CEO Space, who talks about how the business community can shift the paradigm from competitive capitalism to cooperative capitalism.
• John Raatz, founder of the Global Alliance for Transformational Entertainment, who examines how to create a new “media diet” consisting of messages that uplift humanity.
• Thomas Barnett, author and former professor at the Naval War College, who urges religious groups to lead the way in working for positive change in a global economy.
The interviews are linked by a common theme: Peace happens when individuals see themselves and others as expressions of the same divine Source. “The ‘aha’ moment for me from all these interviews was that each of us has the power to see with new eyes, change our way of being and bring new order to the world,” said Audlin.
Each interview is followed by questions and exercises for reflection, discussion and action. “The book can be used by individuals to deepen their commitment to spiritual social action or it can form the basis for a church or community study group,” said Audlin. For more details, visit Let It Begin With Me.
Audlin will celebrate the culmination of Peace Week by hosting a fundraising gala September 24 in Dallas, Texas. The event, entitled “From Purpose to Peace” will be live streamed. For information on joining the live stream, visit Let It Begin With Me.
Let It Begin With Me: 21 Voices of the New Peace Movement is published by Unity Books. The softcover book is 231 pages with a cover price of $17.95. ISBN: 978-0-
About Mindy Audlin
Mindy Audlin is the founding Spiritual Leader of Unity Church of Wimberley, Texas. As the founder of Unity Online Radio she interviewed many of the most influential spiritual teachers and thought leaders of our time, including Eckhart Tolle, Deepak Chopra, Marianne Williamson and Byron Katie through her weekly program The Leading Edge. As the founder of Network on Purpose, Audlin currently helps purpose-driven entrepreneurs fulfill their calling by tapping into an innovative community of peers, experts and business-building resources.
Audlin is also the author of What If It All Goes Right? Creating a New World of Peace, Prosperity and Possibility (Morgan James Publishing, 2010).
Unity is a positive path for spiritual living that helps people of all faiths apply positive spiritual principles in their daily lives. The organization touches millions of people each year through books, a non-denominational prayer ministry called Silent Unity, publications such as Daily Word and Unity Magazine, an online radio network at www.unity.fm, and spiritual education classes and retreats. Unity Village, the world headquarters of Unity, is located at M-350 Highway and Colbern Road (1901 NW Blue Parkway), near Lee’s Summit, MO.
Unity Books, the publishing division of Unity, has published spiritual books since 1903. For more information, visit www.unity.org.