News By Tag
* Milford CT
* Foran High School
* Law High School
* Key Hyundai
* Jill Merriam
* Pays for A's
* CT education
* Pay For Grades
* More Tags...
News By Location
Key Hyundai of Milford Pays For A’s Rewards Milford, CT High School Students
Key Hyundai of Milford introduces Pays For A’s. Smarty-pants at Joseph A Foran High School & Jonathan Law High School in Milford, CT will receive a $10 CT Post Mall Gift Card for each academic report card A's during the 2011-2012 school year.
By: Jill Merriam, Dealer For The People
Key Hyundai of Milford (http://www.keycars.com/)
Three A’s = $30 bucks for the mall.
Five A’s = ... do the math!
The gift cards are good at the mall, or wherever American Express gift cards are accepted. Which is frankly everywhere.
Key Hyundai Pays for A’s rewards students with $10 mall gift cards for each A
Jonathan Law High School and Joseph A. Foran High School in Milford, Connecticut (http://www.milforded.org/)
Key Hyundai Pays For A’s will begin November 2011, the first report card cycle at Foran High School and Law High School, and continue January, April and June of the 2011-2012 academic calendar year. Both schools eagerly accepted the campaign, which requires no effort or stress on the academic administrative infrastructure in the least.
Law & Foran students: Listen Up! Stop texting & start thinking!
Parents and educators may debate pay for grades, but Key Hyundai is setting a business-school-
“It’s a business decision,” said Jill Merriam, owner of Key Hyundai of Milford and Dealer For The People (http://jillforthepeople.com/
How Key Hyundai Pays for A’s works:
“Students print out their report card and bring school ID and a parent into our Milford dealership, show us the A’s, and we pay up,” said Sal Sinardi, general manager at Key Hyundai of Milford and mastermind of Pays for A’s. “The cards* can be used at the mall, or wherever they choose. I’m a dad, grades matter and so does extra cash.”
Students participating in Key Hyundai Pays for A’s should visit Key Hyundai of Milford with a parent or guardian, located a short 5 minutes down Rte 1 from the Mall, off I95 exit 34. That’s across from Taco-Bell, where students will undoubtedly know.
What to Bring to Key Hyundai of Milford • 566 Bridgeport Avenue, Milford/Devon
• Proof: Your Report Card (or PowerSchool print out) with well deserved, hard earned, absolutely no cheating A’s.
• More proof: Your Student ID saying you are who you say you are. No substitutions.
• Moms or pops. You must have a parent/guardian enter the dealership and perhaps admire the award-winning 40 MPG Hyundai Elantra, Sonata and quick and zesty Accent and Veloster. As well as a plethora (ooooh, SAT word!) of Key-certified previously owned, oh-so-affordable vehicles. This is the “what’s in it for us” hook.
• Offer good for Foran and Law high school students only during 2011-2012 academic year.
• Payments will be made only during each report card cycle: November, January, April and June. Campaign ends June 30, 2012.
• Each report card will be officially stamped Key Hyundai Pays for A’s, and a record will be kept of which students were rewarded to eliminate fraud. Not that it would ever happen.
• Key Hyundai Pays for A’s will run the entire 2011-2012 academic year for all Foran and Law high school students exclusively, and offer expires July 1, 2012. There’s plenty of time to get those grades up. And we know you can do it.
*The Dreaded Asterisk: Not so dreaded here! Did you know Westfield CT Post Mall AmExpress Gift Cards lowest possible denomination is $20? It’s a fact. So Pay for A’s gift cards aren’t $10, they’re $20, and Key Hyundai rounds up.
** For the record: A’s consist of grades of 90 and above. Unfortunately, 89.9 does not count. Which is frustrating, we know, but those are the rules.
# # #
Key Hyundai (http://www.keycars.com/