News By Tag
News By Location
The Continental Group is a Gold Sponsor of 6Th Annual Pink Ribbon Luncheon
The Continental Group (TCG), a FirstService Residential Management company, announced it is a Gold Sponsor of the 6th Annual Pink Ribbon Luncheon for the Susan G. Komen for the Cure® in South Florida on Wed., Oct. 19, 2011.
This is the third consecutive year TCG has sponsored the Pink Ribbon Luncheon through its Continental Cares program. As Gold Sponsors, TCG has twelve seats at the luncheon, in which two seats will be offered to the two employees who raise the most funds for the “Boca Walk for the Cure” – a TCG Boca Raton office fundraiser. The walk will be held on October 14th, with all proceeds donated to Susan G. Komen for the Cure South Florida.
“The theme of this year’s luncheon is ‘Not for Women Only, Men Get Breast Cancer Too!’” said Gary Pyott, TCG President, Garden Style/HOA and second year Pink Ribbon Luncheon Committee Co-Chair. “Cancer does not discriminate against age, race or gender; therefore it is important to educate the community about this disease that has affected millions of individuals worldwide.”
In addition to the sponsorship, TCG’s Boca Raton, Fla. office has raised an estimated $3,000 throughout the past three years. The money was collected through donations and events such as the walk, jewelry sales and raffles. All of the monies raised at the luncheon will be used for research, education, screening and treatment programs, with up to 75 percent of the money staying in the Palm Beach, Martin and St. Lucie counties. The other 25 percent goes to Komen National to fund cutting-edge breast cancer research.
The keynote speaker will be Eric Brinker, son of Susan G. Komen for the Cure ® founder and CEO, Ambassador Nancy G. Brinker, and the nephew of Susan G. Komen, for whom Susan G. Komen for the Cure ® is named.
About Susan G. Komen for the Cure South Florida
The South Florida Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure® has a service area of Palm Beach, Martin and St. Lucie counties. We partner with many local nonprofit organizations to help raise breast cancer awareness and provide much needed funds to serve our community and save lives. Empowering people is important to us.
By supporting the Komen South Florida Affiliate and the Susan G. Komen South Florida Race for the Cure®, you can make a difference right here in our community today as well as help fund research that is necessary to end breast cancer forever. Susan G. Komen for the Cure has played a critical role in every major advance in the fight against breast cancer over the past 25 years – transforming how the world talks about and treats this disease. We have helped turn millions of breast cancer patients into breast cancer survivors. With more than $1.3 billion invested to date, Susan G. Komen for the Cure is the world’s single largest source of nonprofit funds dedicated to curing breast cancer at every stage – from the causes, to the cures, to the pain and anxiety of every moment in between.
About The Continental Group, Inc.
Founded in 1990, The Continental Group’s corporate headquarters is located in Hollywood, Fla. It also has regional offices in Boca Raton, Miami, West Palm Beach, Wellington, Vero Beach, Orlando, Tampa/St. Petersburg, Jacksonville and Destin. The company is the largest manager of condominium and homeowner associations in the state, and one of South Florida’s leading private sector employers.
Today, The Continental Group manages and maintains 1,500 Associations and more than 310,000 residential units. As the leading community association management company in Florida, Continental pioneered many of the practices widely utilized throughout the industry today.
The Continental Group is a subsidiary of FirstService Residential Management (FSR). FSR is the largest manager of residential communities in North America, overseeing more than 5,300 properties and over 1.3 million residential units. FirstService Residential Management is a subsidiary of FirstService Corporation (NASDAQ- FSRV, TSX: FSV), a global leader in the rapidly growing real estate services sector. Further information may be obtained at www.firstservice.com
To learn more about The Continental Group, call (954) 925-8200, toll-free: (800) 215-2316 or visit www.tcgmgt.com.