News By Tag
* Saline Spray
* Nasal Congestion
* Nasal Rinse
* Essential Oils
* More Tags...
News By Place
Antibiotics prescribed less? Consider pumping up saline spray usage to prevent illness.
Doctors are less likely to prescribe antibiotics for colds and viruses because they don't work for those illnesses anyway. A common, non-medicated therapy can be an effective alternative for relieving discomfort and even offers preventative help.
By: Nanci Schwartz
A recent Centers for Disease Control study shows medical practitioners are less likely to prescribe antibiotics for virus-related colds, sore throats and respiratory infections, because they are effective in treating bacteria-borne illnesses, not viruses. (http://
When seeing patients at his own allergy, sinus and asthma practice in Central Florida, Ed Neuzil, ARNP, PhD and developer of Dr. Neuzil’s Irrigator nasal cleansing spray (http://www.IrrigatorNasalSpray.com)
• Reduce congestion and cough associated with thick nasal mucus and post nasal drainage;
• Soothe irritated sinuses;
• Moisturize nasal passages thereby preserving natural protectants in our noses.
“Think of the saline spray as irrigating out the bad stuff that can lead to discomfort,”
Neuzil encourages his patients to regularly rinse their nose with the herbal-enhanced saline spray even when they’re not sick, as a preventative measure against illness.
• It will rinse out dust, pollen, pet dander and other potential allergic triggers which cause sinus irritation and often lead to congestion, cough, itchy eyes, etc.
• The spray will moisturize nasal passages thereby preserving the cilia or tiny hairs in the nose which trap airborne germs and irritants.
• Saline sprays will help open up nasal passages so patients breathe easier throughout the day.
Medical experts were concerned that antibiotics were overprescribed, in part, due to pressure from parents expecting a remedy when their child becomes ill. Too much exposure to antibiotics can make a person resistant to the medication.
# # #
Dr. Neuzil's Irrigator is an herbal-enhanced nasal cleansing spray that helps rinse the nose of dust, pollen, pet dander and other irritants that cause discomfort. It's essential oils moisturize your nasal passages leaving you feeling refreshed.