News By Tag
News By Location
Health and Social Care Conference 2011
Government Knowledge is hosting a conference for key stakeholders to discuss on the NHS reform and examine the impact of the Health and Social Care Bill.
London, 13th September, 2011: This Wednesday, 14th September, Government Knowledge is hosting a conference for key stakeholders to discuss on the NHS reform and examine the impact of the Health and Social Care Bill.
The following speakers are confirmed to speak at the event: Steve Field CBE, NHS Future Forum / Dr Clare Gerada, Royal College of General Practitioners / Shaun Gallagher, Director of Social Care Policy, Department of Health
The conference will provide an unrivalled opportunity to hear these key voices speak on the same platform to discuss the main goals of the coalition government’s health reforms and the details of, and recent changes made to, the Health and Social Care Bill. The event will give a fantastic insight into the changes that the new legislation will bring for the NHS and what its staff and patients should expect from it. The speakers will be encouraging discussion with delegates, hopefully allowing for a rich and worthy debate on the merits and problems with the proposed healthcare reforms.
Over the course of the Conference the following topics will be discussed:
• The benefits devolving the procurement of patient care to GP consortia
• Involving patients in decision making about their healthcare
• The value on bringing all frontline clinicians into commissioning decisions
• Social Care Reform
• Maintaining independence - the importance of investment in home care
• How will the current NHS reforms benefit mental health and dementia services?
• Pharmacy and support for patients with long-term conditions
• Ensuring 'Freedom, Fairness and Responsibility' in social care
• NHS procurement and the private sector - choosing and managing suppliers
Delegates from across the health and social care sector will be attending the conference, engaging key stakeholders and policymakers through a series of speeches, question and answer sessions, case studies and workshops.
Venue: Holiday Inn Hotel London-Regent's Park, Carburton Street, London W1W 5EE
Conference: 09.25 – 16.25
# # #
Specialising in economical and invaluable training and events, Government Knowledge offers unrivalled expertise in all areas of political communications.