News By Tag
News By Place
Infrastucture Today - Indian Opportunity 2011 Conference presented by Aspire International
A one-day conference, INFRASTRUCTURE TODAY INDIA OPPORTUNITY 2011, is being organized by ASPIRE INTERNATIONAL GROUP Inc. – in perspective of the business opportunity the developing Indian market presents.
By: Ross Schwartz
AUGUST 31, 2011
Business Opportunities in India’s Infrastructure Sector –
Leaders from India and US to discuss at the
INFRASTRUCTURE TODAY INDIA OPPORTUNITY 2011 CONFERENCE ON SEPTEMBER 17, organized by ASPIRE INTERNATIONAL GROUP
(New York, August 31, 2011) India, in view of its continuing robust growth, is expected to be the world's largest economy by 2050. With GDP estimated at $85.97 trillion on a PPP basis by 2050, from $3.92 trillion in 2010, India is poised to become the world’s largest economy in a span of only four decades. The country, to actualize the envisaged growth of unprecedented rapidity, needs to bolster its infrastructure. The government has made aggressive investments into the sector and the Prime Minister Mr. Manmohan Singh has announced investments of $1 trillion in infrastructure in the country’s next five year plan commencing in 2013. Half of this is expected to be contributed by the private sector which presents a huge opportunity for the sector to play an integral role in leveraging this opportunity.
A one-day conference, INFRASTRUCTURE TODAY INDIA OPPORTUNITY 2011, is being organized by ASPIRE INTERNATIONAL GROUP Inc. – US based infrastructure media group with arms in Middle East and South Asia, and India based business magazine INFRASTRUCTURE TODAY, in perspective of the business opportunity the Indian market presents.
The conference reception will be held on Sept 16 and the conference is being held on Saturday, September 17, 2011 at the Consulate General of India (3 E 64th St., between Madison and 5th Avenues).
The conference will have participation from over 100 delegates including ministers, bureaucrats, planners and industrialists from India and the USA, congregate to give expert presentations on policy, finance and technical aspects of infrastructure in India. These presentations will address issues in the sectors of Roads, Airports, Seaports & Logistics, Railways, Finance, Urban Development, Real Estate and Power, across sessions.
The conference will be presided over by Senator Larry Pressler. US India Business Council (USIBC) is the supporting organization for the conference, which has an impressive line-up of illustrated speakers:
• Senator Larry Pressler, Rep- South Dakota
• Ambassador Nirupama Rao, Indian Ambassador to USA, Govt. of India
• Ambassador Prabhu Dayal, Indian Consul General in New York
• Ms. Diane Farrell, Executive Vice President & Senior Director, Policy Advocacy, USIBC
• Mr. Harish Mathur, CEO, IL&FS Transportation Networks
• Mr. Gautam Bhandari, Managing Director, Morgan Stanley
• Mr. K Subrahmanian, Managing Director, Afcons Infrastructure, Shapoorji Pallonji Group
• Mr. Ramesh D. Chandak, Managing Director &CEO, KEC International Ltd.
• Mr. N. R. Alluri, Director, Nagarjuna Construction Co. Ltd.
• Mr. S N Subrahmanyan, Director, Larsen & Toubro
• Mr. A K Misra, Executive Director & COO, Tata Projects
• Mr. G. Bhaskara Rao, Vice Chairman, Lanco Infratech
• Mr. Suresh Kumar, Assistant Commerce Secretary and Director General of the US Foreign Commercial Service
• Ms. Dagmar Fleming, Director, Global Business Development-
• Mr. Luis Miranda, Chairman, IDFC - PE
• Mr. Puneet Arora, Principal/Partner (International Tax Group), PricewaterhouseCoopers, New York
ABOUT THE ORGANIZERS
ASPIRE INTERNATIONAL GROUP is a global platform for excellence and ASAPP Media is one of the core elements of its strategy in building excellence in infrastructure. The ASAPP Media model will be replicated by ASPIRE round the world through its future initiatives. ASAPP Media is a 14-year-old multinational B2B media information group with diverse media properties in print, web and event space. It is committed to providing the most authentic and timely information on the various construction, infrastructure and realty sectors. ASAPP Media provides a 360-degree experience of information and insights through its special interest business publications, conferences, seminars, industry recognition awards, industry portals, directory services, research reports and newsletters.
INFRASTRUCTURE TODAY is the largest read magazine in India in the infrastructure sector. The eight-year-old publication partners in the nation’s building process by offering valuable information, insights and analyses. Reader profile includes policymakers and public office bearers, planners, investors, contractors, developers, consultants, utility providers, engineers, banks and financial institutions, educators and researchers, etc. It features top people and organizations sectors, through independent contributions and incisive interviews. The magazine is present in high-power seminars and conferences, is referred to by business leaders, and displayed on many a corporate boardroom coffee table.
For more details contact:
ASPIRE International Group
Tel: US +1-917-558-1529/
JINGO Media, Jitin Hingorani