News By Tag
News By Place
Allstate Offers NY Residents Tips to Rebuild, Repair & File Insurance Claims Following Recent Storm
Following a catastrophe, Allstate recommends the following tips to assist customers with their recovery.
Allstate policyholders can begin the claim process by calling or visiting their Allstate Agent, calling 1-800-54-STORM or logging onto Allstate.com.
Here are some things people can do to begin to pick up the pieces…
• Make sure your home is structurally safe. If your home has sustained serious structural damage, be extremely careful and be sure it is safe to be inside the home.
• Make reasonable temporary repairs to prevent further damage. Save the receipts for temporary home repairs as these expenses may be reimbursed as part of your homeowner’s policy. Your adjuster will need this information.
• If your home is uninhabitable, review your policy to find out what additional living expenses your insurance policy may provide. Keep any receipts for expenses that may be reimbursed as part of your homeowners policy.
• Prepare to file an insurance claim by gathering all relevant Allstate policy numbers.
• Report possible claims promptly.
• Inventory your home and list damaged items before your adjuster arrives. An inventory can help facilitate the claim process after a disaster.
The Allstate Corporation is the nation’s largest publicly held personal lines insurer known for its “You’re In Good Hands With Allstate®” slogan. Now celebrating its 80th anniversary as an insurer, Allstate is reinventing protection and retirement to help nearly 16 million households insure what they have today and better prepare for tomorrow. Consumers access Allstate insurance products (auto, home, life and retirement) and services through Allstate agencies, independent agencies, and Allstate exclusive financial representatives in the U.S. and Canada, as well as via www.allstate.com and 1-800 Allstate®.