Lead Exposure Lawsuit Results in $358 Million in Damages
Legends Environmental Insurance Services provides coverage for environmental professionals and contractors that provide services dealing with lead.
Lead is a toxic metal that was used for many years by industry and in products found in and around homes. Lead can also be emitted into the air from industrial source, as is the claim against the smelting plant in Missouri. It is also found in leaded aviation gasoline and lead can enter drinking water from plumbing materials.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) released the following facts to help educate the public about the dangers of lead poisoning:
• Lead exposure can harm young children and babies even before they are born.
• Even children who seem healthy can have high levels of lead in their bodies.
• You can get lead in your body by breathing or swallowing lead dust, or by eating soil or paint chips containing lead.
• You have many options for reducing lead hazards. In most cases, lead-based paint that is in good condition is not a hazard.
• Removing lead-based paint improperly can increase the danger to your family.
“Lead may cause a range of health effects, from behavioral problems and learning disabilities, to seizures and death. Children six years old and under are most at risk,” reported Brian Mcfarland, Vice President from Legends Environmental Insurance, a leading provider of professional lead insurance coverage. “There is an entire industry dedicated to identifying and remediating properties that have lead-based paints and other sources of lead to protect people and the environment,”
Legends supports an educational video about lead risks in the home exposure that can be seen at:
To learn more about Legends Environmental Insurance Services please visit: http://www.Legends-
# # #
About Legends Environmental Insurance Services, LLC
Legends Environmental Insurance Services is nationally recognized as an innovator in providing environmental and restoration insurance programs. The company has over 30 years experience providing these services in all 50 states.