News By Tag
* Foreign Affairs
* South Africa
* International Relations
* More Tags...
* Foreign Affairs
* More Industries...
News By Place
Launch of Young People in International Affairs (YPIA)
This is to announce the launch of the new organization, Young People in International Affairs (YPIA).
Announcing the formation of YPIA, founder and President, Dr. Scott Firsing mentioned that through this new organisation, “I see students and young people gaining valuable experience while volunteering in our various departments, gaining employment through our global partnerships, and contributing their insights towards a more stable world”. Dr Firsing also expressed his hope that through YPIA, policymakers will be able to access the intellectual resources of young people in developing high-impact initiatives to address the world’s most pressing challenges. Overall, YPIA will provide young professionals with skills, exposure, knowledge, and relationships required to develop a career that will have a lasting positive impact on the African and global political leadership.
The immediate objectives of YPIA are:
• To collect, organize and publicize employment information for students throughout Africa and the world. This will not only include permanent positions, but internships, fellowships, and various other job opportunities;
• To publish students’ work, which identify lessons for the common needs and solutions of African and international institutions, as well as produce quality and realistic recommendations;
• To convene conferences, workshops and other functions among current/future leaders. These functions will include inspiring presentations, scintillating workshops, and unparalleled networking opportunities, and will be designed to initiate exchanges between the current and future African and world leadership.
• To hold online discussion groups to analyze current events and raise the voice of young people around the continent; and
• To produce reports and videos for the media to help increase awareness of related topics.
For more information and contact details, please visit our website: www.ypia.org.za