News By Tag
News By Place
International Conference on Drug Therapy in TB Infection
This exciting event will bring together some of the leading TB researchers in the world to discuss the latest development in TB therapy.
The Africa Health Research Organization presents the International Conference on Drug Therapy in TB Infection
TB remains one of the most important public health issue worldwide. Globally it is estimated that 8.8m new cases occur annually of these, 3.9m are smear positive. Although there is an effective therapy through the DOT strategy and majority of the global population are BCG vaccinated, the public health burden of TB is quite staggering. There is the need for new and shorter period drugs and vaccine. This means the urgent need for a forum where stakeholders will meet to exchange ideas.
. This highly educative and exciting event aims to gather researchers, physicians, allied health workers and policy makers in Edinburgh Scotland from 6 to 7 January 2012 to share information on issues regarding TB medicine. There will be no concurrent sessions and the Conference committee are still accepting abstract for the event. Abstract can be submitted to: email@example.com, not more than 300 words.
• Professor Anthony Coates, St George’s University of London, UK
• Dr. Ian Laurenson, Director, Scottish Mycobacterium Reference Lab, Scotland
• Dr. Eisin McDonald, Health Protection Agency, Scotland
• Associate Professor Robert A Ollar, Berth Israel Medical Center, USA
• Emeritus Professor Peter Beverley, University of Oxford, UK
• Dr Amina Jindani, St George’s University of London, UK
• Dr. Zarir F Udwadia, Hinduja Hospital India & Author of Principles Of Respiratory Medicine
• Dr. Michel Tibayrenc, MIVEGEC Bolivia & Editor in Chief, Genetics & Evolution Elsevier
• Professor Hazel M Dockrell, LSHTM, UK
• Professor Stephen H Gillespie, University of St. Andrews, UK
• Professor Edith Sim, Oxford University, UK
• Dr Geoff Coxon, Strathclyde Institute of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences, UK
Who Should Attend?
• Medical Officers
• Allied Health Workers
• Policy Makers
• Pharmaceutical Companies
Register Today: http://www.eventsbot.com/
• Biology & Epidemiology of TB
• TB Immunology & Pathogenesis
• Current TB Chemotherapy
• Drug Resistance
• Current Strategies in TB Drug Development : From Bench to Bedside
• TB Vaccine: Concept & Progress
#1 Top Rated TB Conference