Rachael Nehmer Wins Holiday of a Lifetime in Port Douglas & Daintree
The winner of a $6,500 holiday, Brisbane travel agent Rachael Nehmer, is planning to bring her Mum with her to experience the holiday of a lifetime put together by the Port Douglas and Daintree region’s tourism operators.
Rachael entered the travel agent’s online competition organised by Tourism Port Douglas Daintree after attending a North Queensland information night. She is originally from Townsville, and says she loves Port Douglas & Daintree and is looking forward very much to visiting it as an adult.
“I remember we visited some family friends in Port Douglas when I was young as I recall lush rainforest and driving along the beautiful coastline. I love a bit of adventure, including skydiving, bungy jumping, hot air ballooning
The online competition was organised by Tourism Port Douglas Daintree from a database of over 8,000 emails and received 1300 entries.
TPDD’s Doug Ryan said the campaign achieved its goals of promoting the destination, increasing destinational awareness to agents, driving traffic to www.tpdd.com.au and maintaining strong relationship links with the target audience of retail travel agents and wholesale sales staff.
“With excellent member support, we’ve had great outcomes to this online campaign which generated nearly 3,000 referral emails which agents sent as part of the competition,”
The campaign was distributed via e-marketing, industry newsletters, flyers delivered to domestic travel agents by Parker Travel (domestic market consultants to TPDD) and during road shows and sales calls.
Rachael Nehmer’s 7 night Holiday of a Lifetime prize includes:
- Flights from the nearest Australian Capital City
- 3 nights accommodation Regal Port Douglas with outdoor jacuzzi
- 3 nights accommodation Coconut Grove, Port Douglas with private pool/spa
- 1 night accommodation Daintree Eco Lodge Spa Bayan incl welcome drinks,
- 30 minute Wellness Experience in the Daintree Wellness Spa +
- Unique Aboriginal welcome gift
- Private airport transfers with Exemplar Coaches & Limousines
- Mason’s ½ day 4WD Cape Tribulation tour
- Quicksilver Outer Barrier Reef Cruise
- Flames of the Forest Aboriginal Cultural Experience
- Skysafari Helicopter tour
- Avis Car hire 48hours of a Rav4 vehicle or similar
- Solar Whisper River Cruise
- Mermaids Hair & Makeup do
- Dinner at 2Fish
- Dinner at Sublime Bar & Grill
- Jungle Surfing Canopy Tour
For more information, please contact :
Doug Ryan, Executive Officer, Tourism Port Douglas & Daintree, Tel: 07 4099 4588
Mob: 0417794875 Email: email@example.com Web: www.tpdd.com.au
# # #
Libra Communications is a tourism and leisure PR consultancy based in Cairns, Great Barrier Reef, Queensland Australia.