A Toolkit for Transformation!
The Gratitude Power Workbook: Transform Fear Into Courage, Anger Into Forgiveness, Isolation Into Belonging By Nina Lesowitz and Mary Beth Sammons
Tel: (510) 845-8000
Mary Beth Sammons and Nina Lesowitz have received hundreds of thank-you emails and letters from readers whose lives they have touched and helped. Building upon the best-selling Living Life as a Thank You, the authors have developed a workbook filled with life-changing practices and encouraging advice to take readers through a process of self-transformation and personal growth.
The workbook-style format not only provides readers with tried and true thank you techniques and practices but also allows them to take part in creating their own. The act and power of gratitude has a direct effect on our lives on a physical, spiritual, mental, and emotional level. Studies have shown that living life with appreciation leads to a greater sense of well-being and happiness. The Gratitude Power Workbook is an interactive guide to having a fuller life through active gratitude.
“This is a must-read for everyone who desires happiness."
- Susyn Reeve, author of Choose Peace & Happiness
About the Authors:
Mary Beth Sammons is an award-winning journalist and author who is grateful to be welcomed into the lives of those she writes about who are experiencing the ups and downs of handling life, parenting, and caregiving in Family Circle, the Chicago Tribune's lifestyle section, and on various online health and wellness websites. She lives in the Chicago suburbs with her children.
Nina Lesowitz is a gratitude practitioner in the San Francisco Bay Area. A volunteer for literacy organizations, she also runs Spinergy Group which represents authors and corporate clients as well as non-profits. The recipient of numerous awards and tributes including a national award for excellence in media relations, She becomes more thankful each passing day for the myriad blessings in her life.
The Gratitude Power Workbook:
Transform Fear Into Courage, Anger Into Forgiveness, Isolation Into Belonging
By Nina Lesowitz and Mary Beth Sammons
Distributed by Publishers Group West
Ten Tools & Tips:
What You’ll Find Inside the Gratitude Power Workbook
1) “Power Tools” to jumpstart joy in your life: These “power tools” can act as the push you need to search for joy, rather than waiting for it to arrive on your doorstep. Short and sweet, these bits of information demonstrate how to bring about gratitude and happiness through action.
3) Personal growth processes: One of many gratitude exercises, “Just What the Doctor Ordered” helps you overturn negative thoughts by turning them into positive thankfulness. With this in your toolkit, negative thoughts can be banished from one’s consciousness and bring joy to the forefront.
4) Affirmations with Actions: What are your first thoughts when hit with troubling times? Whether facing a financial crisis, a personal loss, or just another hard day, the workbook’s Daily Affirmations can help focus your thoughts on the positive.
5) Guided journal pages: Throughout the workbook, readers are encouraged to “Write Their Life.” This journal-like segment of the book gives the reader a chance to slow down and look at the life he or she leads. Famous words of wisdom compliment these open pages, guiding the journal writer towards thankfulness.
6) Inspiring stories: Each chapter begins with a short description of people who have supplemented their lives with gratitude. Rather than telling you how your life can change, these stories show you the success others have found through thankfulness.
7) Prayer Prompts: Incorporate the workbook’s Prayer Prompts into your everyday life. Using common objects and situations, such as a school bus or a fire truck, you can remind yourself to give thankful prayers for the joy and selflessness that these symbols represent.
8) Mindfulness and Meditation: These meditation guides can help you begin your journey into living life with gratitude. With this careful introspection, you can find your own mind-body connection and then fully delve into thankfulness.
9) Gratitude Practices: Put these simple, though often overlooked, modes of gratitude into practice. Some of these practices can find their way into your daily life, such as a morning prayer or creating more time for yourself. Others can help you be thankful for specific moments.
10) A guide to starting gratitude circles: Spread the wealth of gratitude with a gratitude circle. Learn how to become a Gratitude Guide and help friends, family, or strangers tap into a reservoir of thankfulness. Whether you choose to meet in person or online, this workbook will give you the tools and confidence to inspire and affirm the people around you.