News By Tag
News By Location
Holistic Self-Help for Medical Illness
A practical guide to using mind-body methods for natural healthcare.
Barraclough has developed a clear and balanced overview, for seasoned holistic followers and those looking to expand their treatment options, paying particular attention to the treatment of chronic or long-term illnesses and maintaining a healthy mind-body balance.
Focus on Healing is centered on these key elements:
• Each person is a unique individual - not just a 'case' of a certain disease
• The whole person - emotions, mind and spirit as well as physical body
• The belief that everyone is to some degree responsible for their own well being
• Having a sense of choice, control and active participation in treatment, whether with self-help and/or professional care
• Favoring therapies which are safe, natural, and preferably low-cost, in preference to high-tech interventions
• Realizing that the illness experience can carry a personal meaning and be an opportunity for positive change
Barraclough takes a standout approach, as readers immediately notice she considers both the merits and the potential hazards of an often controversial field. Her perspective comes from a long history of personal experience, as well as inspiring real-life stories of others’ healing journeys.
Focus on Healing is a winning combination of education and understanding that believes in improving the individual experience. The book can be purchased through the author’s website at http://www.jenni.co.nz.
About the author: Jennifer Barraclough is a Bach flower practitioner, life coach and healer in Devonport, Auckland. Before coming to New Zealand she worked as an orthodox doctor in England, with many years' experience of clinical practice, teaching, writing and research and a special interest in the psychological aspects of cancer and other medical conditions.
Jennifer has authored, co-authored and edited a number of books including Enhancing Cancer Care: Complementary Therapy & Support; The Psycho-immunology of Cancer; Integrated Cancer Care: Holistic, Complementary and Creative Approaches; Cancer and Emotion; and Hughes' Outline of Modern Psychiatry.
Title: Focus on Healing: Holistic Self-Help for Medical Illness
Author: Jennifer Barraclough
Publication Date: 2009
Price: $39.99 NZD
Publisher: Papawai Press
# # #
A full-service marketing and PR firm, Author Marketing Experts, Inc. specializes in customized campaigns, and pioneered the use of blogs, ezines, social networking platforms, social bookmarking and more to promote authors: http://www.amarketingexpert.com