News By Tag
* Ageing Aircraft
* Civil Aviation
* Fleet Extension
* More Tags...
News By Location
SMi Group announce Future MRO & Ageing Aircraft 2011 conference, 26th & 27th October 2011
SMi Group is proud to announce its Future MRO & Ageing Aircraft 2011 conference, to be held on 26th & 27th October 2011 in London.
In a world where credit has become scarce, fleet life extension is an attractive prospect for both large and small airlines – regional and global as the costs of purchasing or leasing new aircraft can significantly outstrip the costs of extending an airframe or engine's life span.
This unique conference will bring together ageing fleet operators, MRO organisations, aviation consultants and financiers into one place to network and learn about the practical steps necessary to extend the life of an aircraft and ensure a sound return on investment on such projects.
Key issues to be addressed:
• Technological obsolescence
• Unexpected maintenance costs
• Useful economic life
• Freighter conversion opportunities and costs ywthrc
• Part Out considerations
• Maintenance Costs and Planning
• Environmental considerations
• Higher fleet utilisation
Hear keynote addresses from:
• Martyn Haines, General Manager Continuing Airworthiness, Virgin Atlantic Airways
• Wolfgang Kortas, Head of Services Solutions, Airbus
• Celine Fornaro, Senior Aerospace Analyst, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
• Bruce Hunter, Former Director of Operations, IATA
• Alan Miles, Director of Regulatory and Training, International Bureau of Aviation
• Fraser Currie, Chief Executive Officer, Qualitair Aviation Group
• Ian Blackman, Director, Component Obsolescence Group
• Nigel Wallis, Obsolescence Advisor, CMCA (UK)
>> For our full speaker line-up, please visit http://www.smi-
To reserve your place for this conference, visit: http://www.smi-
# # #
About SMi Group
Future MRO & Ageing Aircraft 2011 is just one of the many conferences that are a part of the SMi Group portfolio.
The SMi Group is a world leader in business to business information. With nearly two decades in the business, thousands of senior executives from blue chip companies have already benefitted from SMi’s highly targeted conferences, workshops and publications. For more information visit www.smi-online.co.uk
For further information, contact:
Tel: +44 (0) 207 827 6162