News By Tag
* More Tags...
News By Place
Follow on Google News
Certificate Course on Patent Searches (US, INDIA)
Certificate Course on Patent Searches is meant for participants who want to gain expertise in prior art search. The program is designed and delivered by outstanding professionals with rich teaching, research, industry and consulting experience.
The training program will cover:
• Patent Searches – Overview and importance ; Types of Patent Searches (Generic & Field-specific)
• Patent Search Methodologies - Syntax, Keywords, Synonyms, Boolean Logic, Word Stemming, Wildcards etc., Search Term Weighting, Patent Classification Codes, Overview of Patent Search Databases
• Overview of Patent Classification Codes (IPC, ECLA and USPC Codes), Understanding Patent Classification, Differences between Classification & Indexing, Different Patent Classification Systems, Structure of the IPC code, Structure and features of ECLA and US classification codes, Case Study
• Patent Searches – The generic process protocol - Scoping a Search; The Theme Questions & Thought Processes, Keyword Searches, Construction of Search Queries / Strategies & Refinement, Search Filters – Geography, Time, Types of Prior Art, Advanced Search Protocols
• Patent Searches – the generic process protocol - Demonstration Examples / Case Studies, Discussions
• Scenario - Based Assignment - Generic Patent Searches & Search Report Preparation
• Patent Search Vs. IP Objectives- Patentability Searches, Freedom-To-Operate (FTO) Searches, Differences between Patentability & FTO Search Process Protocols
• Patent Search Vs. IP Objectives- Demonstration Examples / Case Studies, Discussions
Graduates, Post Graduates with Science, Engineering degrees are eligible for the program.
Participants should possess good communication and writing skills, should be capable of understanding technical concepts and processes. At the same time, should have basic understanding of the patent laws and procedures.
GIIP provides Consulting, Technical and Training services covering Intellectual Property generation, protection, commercialization and management.
GIIP, a pioneer in IP education, has been involved in capacity building for IP & patent professionals for the past 4 years and has trained more than 200 professionals in the PG Diploma and Certificate courses and over 1500 Corporate employees.
GIIP has IITD, National Law University Delhi, Ministry of MSME, CSIR, University of Washington, USA as training partners and has earned the reputation of a leader in the field of IP education & training. GIIP also has a very strong association with the Industry and has conducted corporate training for companies, such as, Honeywell, Infosys, GE, Symantec, HCL, TCS, Siemens, Evalueserve, Altacit Global, Lexadigm, CPA Global, Ripple IP Services, Inventurus, Ius-Juris, IPpro Inc., Panacea Biotech, Sanofi Aventis, Biocon, Ranbaxy Laboratories, Dabur, Jubiliant, Amarchand & Mangaldas, Anand & Anand, K&S Partners, Remfry & Sagar, etc.
Program Detail: - http://www.giipinfo.com/
# # #
Global Institute of Intellectual Property (GIIP), a training institute co-headquartered in New Delhi, India and San Jose, USA, has been set up by a team of successful entrepreneurs, IP Attorneys, patent agents and IP practitioners.