News By Tag
* Hampton Inn Buford
* Hampton inn Mall of Georgia
* Lake Lanier Water Park
* Lake Lanier Islands Beach
* More Tags...
News By Location
Experience the Great Lake of Georgia - Lake Lanier Islands Beach and Water Park
Thirty Five miles northeast of Atlanta, on the shores of Lake Sidney Lanier is Georgia’s most visited lakeside destination. Known as the "Great Lake of Georgia" this man made lake features miles of beachs and a full Water Park.
By: Hampton Inn Mall of Georgia
Lake Lanier was created in 1956 and covers 38,000 surface acres and features 690 miles of shoreline. The lake took three years to fill to capacity, and since then the surrounding area has been developed as a family-friendly getaway destination. The beach area first opened alongside a campground in 1974, and in 1987 the first waterslides and wave pool were added. Today scenic coves and wooded peninsulas define the 1,200 acres of ground they cover.
Over 7.5 million people a year visit Lake Lanier. The lake is well known for its aqua-blue colored water, spectacular scenery and variety of recreational activities.
One of 464 lakes in 43 states constructed and operated by the U. S. Army Corps of Engineers, Lake Lanier is a multi-purpose lake that provides for flood protection, power production, water supply, navigation, recreation and fish and wildlife management.
Water Park Attractions
Guests who visit the water park will not only enjoy the serene surroundings of the beautiful lake, but also the fantastic fun of a modern water park. Popular attractions include:
• Kiddie Lagoon: This child-friendly area features several play structures and fountains for the youngest guests to enjoy.
• Wiggle Waves: This child-sized wave pool lets young guests’ splish and splash without danger.
• Wild Waves: This is Georgia's largest wave pool and the centerpiece attraction of the water park.
• The Fun Dunker: The more than 100 fountains, geysers, water guns, and other aquatic elements of this three story interactive structure are topped by a massive tipping bucket sure to drench everyone in the vicinity.
• 12 + Water Slides: Serpentine shaped water slides, including both inner tube and body versions as well as open and enclosed slides.
• Miniature golf
• Half mile of Sandy Beach: With multiple pavilions - perfect for all manner of water sports
Hours of Operation:
• Weekends in May: 10am-6pm
• Memorial Day to Labor Day: Sun-Fri 10am-6pm; Sat 10am-7pm
HAMPTON INN MALL OF GEORGIA
Only 15 minutes from Lake Lanier Hampton Inn Mall of Georgia provides the perfect retreat for your Great Lake of Georgia visit.
Hampton Inn Mall of Georgia provides:
*Free Full Hampton buffet breakfast.
*Free high speed Internet.
*Fitness Center and Pool
For more information on Travel Vacation Deals available at Hampton Inn Mall of Georgia go to:
For more information on Hampton Inn Mall of Georgia your Lake Lanier Hotel visit their website below:
# # #
Hampton Inn Atlanta-Mall Of Georgia is across the street from the Mall of Georgia, the largest shopping mall in the southeast.. Hotel is also convenient to the Lake Lanier Islands Water Park for fishing, boating, swimming, skiing, and golf.