News By Tag
* GM food
* Sugar Beets
* Import Volume
* More Tags...
* Market research
* More Industries...
News By Place
Import of GM Grain Crops for Processing Approved in China
The June issue of Seed China News has come out on June 30th, 2011. The headline news of this issue focuses on GM grain crops, and its import for processing has been approved in China recently.
The commercial production of GM grain crops has not been permitted so far, but GM food is widely consumed in domestic market. At present, China has approved the import of five GM crops for processing, including soybean, corn, canola, cotton and sugar beets. The news is really encouraging, since the GM food market in China is so much potential.
Just take soybean for example, China imported 54.80 million tonnes of soybean in 2010, hitting a record high. The import volume was 12.25 times higher than that in 2009. Compared with the import volume, China's soybean yield was only about 15.00 million tonnes in 2010, which means most of the soybean consumed in China is imported GM soybean.
The approval on the import of GM grain crop for processing is a breakthrough of the development of GM food, in which you might discover more business opportunities.
More news about the company dynamics, market trend and price update of China’s seed industry are all shared in the June issue of Seed China News .
The following highlights are covered in the June issue of Seed China News:
- Although China hasn't approved the commercial production of GM grain crops so far, GM food is widely consumed in domestic market.
- China received 8,070 PBR applications from 1999 to 30 April 2011, most of which are from research institutes.
- CRI, CAAS has made huge progress in GM wheat breeding with the development of several drought-resistant varieties.
- A famous scientist from CAAS suggests that domestic researchers screen the corn germplasm resources if it is genetic modified.
- Winall Hi-tech signed an agreement with AAAS for the cooperation on rice breeding technology.
Xinjiang Condy failed to apply for IPO in GEM, probably due to its poor capacity of research and breeding basically.
- Longping High-Tech to increase the registered capital of its holding subsidiary Xinjiang Hong'an in chili business.
- Shandong Denghai is accelerating the construction of seed production bases in western China.
- The Second Guangxi-Asean vegetable exhibition attracted over 350 organizations to seize the fast growing vegetable seed market opportunities in Guangxi.
- Foreign companies are striving to seize more Chinese market, especially the corn seed sector, which shall cause great impact on domestic seed industry.
CCM is dedicated to market research in China, Asia-Pacific Rim and global market. With a staff of more than 150 dedicated highly-educated professionals. CCM offers Market Data, Analysis, Reports, Newsletters, Buyer-Trader Information, Import/Export Analysis all through its new proprietary product ValoTracer.
Please visit http://www.cnchemicals.com for more information or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
CCM International Ltd.
Guangzhou CCM Information Science & Technology Co., Ltd.
17th Floor, Huihua Commercial & Trade Mansion, No.80 Xianlie Zhong Road, Guangzhou 510070, China
# # #
CCM is an consulting company located in China, with services like market report, newsletter, database, price monitoring, export/import analysis, conference etc. CCM's foucusing is Agrochemicals market, food ingredients market, fine chemicals market.