News By Tag
News By Place
The Joybox Express Travels Across Michigan
Musical Quartet Bicycles Across Lower Peninsula with Instruments in Tow
The Joybox Express is a tricycle that is designed to hold Braun’s 352 pound acoustic piano, which he will pull across the state for more than 200 miles. Joybox is an early American term for the piano.
As the Joybox Express heads east across the state, Mark and his colleagues will hold concerts in various locations that will support local charities.
Joining Braun on the third Joybox Express tour include Pete Siers, who will be playing a specially designed drum set using a suitcase as a bass drum; Brian Delaney, playing an electric, solar-powered guitar and Carl Hildebrandt, who will pull his string bass on a trailer behind his bike.
"We are looking forward to sharing the gift of music as we bicycle across the great State of Michigan for the third time," said Mark “Mr. B.” Braun. "Using the Joybox Express as a vehicle to deliver this music – with the help of three tremendously talented musicians – is an extremely challenging but satisfying experience. The fact that local nonprofits benefit from our concerts is an added incentive when I’m pulling the piano down the road!"
The Joybox Express itinerary:
• July 2 4 p.m. Holland – Velo City Cycles
• July 4 6 p.m. Grand Rapids - Founders Brewery
• July 7 noon East Lansing - MSU School of Music
• July 7 6 p.m. East Lansing - Coral Gables restaurant
• July 8 noon Williamston - McCormick Park
• July 8 6 p.m. Howell - Cobb-Hall Insurance Courtyard
• July 9 noon Howell – Bader Acres
• July 10 1 p.m. Chelsea – Chelsea Library
• July 10 4:30 p.m. Ann Arbor – Wolverine State Brewing Company
• July 12 8 p.m. Livonia - Trinity House Theater
• July 13 7 p.m. Detroit – Cliff Bell’s
• July 14 1 p.m. Detroit – The Scarab Club
• July 15 4:30 Detroit – Detroit Institute of Arts
Local residents are encouraged to attend the concerts and bicyclers are welcome to accompany the musicians in a group ride for a portion of the journey. The Joybox Express is designed so that two bicycles can attach to the vehicle, helping Braun move his 352 pound piano.
Please go to www.joyboxexpress.com for additional details on where you can attend a concert, ride along with the Joybox Express or how you can contribute to support the tour and the nonprofits it benefits.
# # #
Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, Caldo Communications specializes in providing strategic public relations counsel and tactical execution of communication programs that support clients’ objectives and communication goals.