News By Tag
News By Location
Businesswoman Celebrates “Take Your Dog to Work Day” by Offering Tips on How to Stay Sane
June 24th is “Take Your Dog to Work Day". “Being a dog owner, foster mommy and businesswoman can be chaotic,” says Howard, Dream Catcher - Business & Life Coaching, “As difficult as it can get, it’s also an absolutely wonderful experience.
“Being a dog owner, foster mommy and businesswoman can be chaotic,” says Howard, Dream Catcher http://coachjaynine.com/
Here are some of the helpful hints on how to work and be a dog owner without going too crazy:
1. Make a plan. “Planning is key for any business, but you need to really be on top of things to manage your business and your dogs,” she says. “Once you have a plan to stick with it.”
2. Develop a schedule. “Just like kids, dogs thrive on a schedule; it helps them and you to know what to expect and when to expect it,” says Howard. “Once you have a set schedule for them, you can schedule your work around it.”
3. Supplies. Howard suggests keeping a notebook with you and whenever you remember something you need to get done, write it down and refer back to it when you get a chance. It is also a good idea to have a lint brush handy as well as dog toys and dog treats. You will want to reward good behavior and provide something for them to chew on so your stiletto does not become a dog chew toy.
4. Get some extra time when the dogs are down for a nap. “If you are a morning person, wake up a bit early to get some work done before the house wakes,” she says. “If you are a night owl, stay up a bit later than normal. Just a couple of extra hours will get you farther ahead than you would think.” “Nap time is also a great time to make client calls without fear of interruptions.”
5. Go to bed early, tape your favorite show that you are missing and watch it during lunch when you can use the pick-me-up. “It’
# # #
Founded in 2006, Dream Catcher – Business & Life Coaching will teach you the systems and strategies needed to grow your business, have a successful military career, or transition into civilian life. You can start turning your dreams into reality by downloading her free resume writing tips https://writetherightresume.com/