News By Tag
News By Location
HPV Vaccine Safety and Efficacy: Answers Demanded from Government Health Ministers
Gardasil & Cervarix Deaths and Injuries Continue to Mount - 18-Year Old Girls Stating "No More Doctors Unless I am Dying."
By: Leslie Carol Botha, Vice President of SaneVax, Inc
Adverse Events: 22,194 total - 21,356 female - 383 male - 485 unknown
Deaths: 97 total - 80 female - 3 male - 14 unknown
Emergency Room Visits: 8,838 total - 8,647 female - 113 male - 78 unknown
Extended Hospital Stay: 196 total - 193 female - 3 male
Disabled: 732 total - 725 female - 3 male - 4 unknown
Did Not Recover: 4,531 total - 4,456 female - 38 male - 37 unknown
Abnormal Pap Smears: 378 reports
Cervical Dysplasia: 135 reports
Cervical Cancer: 41 reports
What parent would want to ever hear her previously healthy daughter state – ‘No more’? Why should any previously healthy young woman have to utter those words? And yet, Gardasil and Cervarix injuries and deaths continue to mount while adverse reactions are appearing to outlast the vaccine’s efficacy. Global concerns are mounting, and clinical trials of the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine in Andhra Pradesh and Gujarat India have being declared unethical. (06.10.11 Brinda slams unethical HPV vaccine trials – http://www.thehindu.com/
SANE Vax Inc. believes the Gardasil clinical trials and the vaccine’s marketing campaign have also been unethical and incomplete. Merck needs to be held accountable. If the government will not do it…medical consumers will continue to demand it until Gardasil has been pulled off the market and independent studies on the vaccine’s safety and efficacy are conducted.
Judy Wilyman, MSc , Wollongong University, has issued this demand to the Australian government – and SANE Vax Inc. is demanding the same from any government or government agency promoting Gardasil®
• HPV4 Gardasil was not proven to be safe or effective against cervical cancer prior to its marketing in 2006. It was only assumed to be effective against cervical cancer
• Gardasil has 3x the number of adverse reactions reported than all the other vaccines combined1.
• Each of the 3 injections contains 225 ug of aluminum hydroxyphosphate sulfate: an adjuvant is known to be linked with autoimmune diseases: the chronic illness
that is increasing in the HPV-vaccinated population2,3.
• Each of the 3 injections contains sodium borate (pesticide) which is linked to infertility, seizures and paralysis. In 2005 the National Library of Medicine (NLM) of the National Institutes of Health declared this as a dangerous poison and stated ‘it is no longer commonly found in medical preparations4, 5. Gardasil was approved for use in 2006.
• Each of the 3 injections also contains Polysorbate 80: an emulsifier linked with anaphylaxis, convulsions, collapse, seizure (twitching) and infertility in animals 4, 5.
• According to VAERS There have been 97 deaths and 22,994 adverse reactions to Gardasil since it was introduced: many have included the events listed above6.
• There is no systematic, long-term surveillance of adverse events. The reporting system is a passive surveillance system which the CDC states “This (VAERS) data cannot be used to infer causal associations between vaccines and adverse events”1. Therefore if you don’t monitor the adverse reactions there is no proof it is not safe. This also means it will not be possible to determine if these women will be infertile in 10-15 years time.
• The placebo in the clinical trials contained more aluminum adjuvant (a chemical linked with autoimmune diseases than the vaccine itself 2. This is not a properly designed scientific study: it is junk science.
Wilyman concludes with the following: Please could you explain why this vaccine has been marketed so aggressively to Australian women when cervical cancer is a very low risk in Australia and the vaccine contains chemicals linked with infertility?
Wilyman also created a poster that summarizes the evidence showing how Gardasil has been dishonestly marketed to women globally. http://www.theoneclickgroup.co.uk/
SANE Vax Inc. poses the same questions to governments and government health agencies worldwide. What justification?
1. Slade B A, Leidel L, Vellozzi C, Woo EJ, Hua Wei, Sutherland A, Izurieta H, Ball R, Miller N, Braun M, Markowitz L, Iskander J, 2009, Postlicensure Safety Surveillance for Quadrivalent Human Papillomavirus Recombinant Vaccine, Journal of the American Medical Association, 302 (7): 750 – 757
2. Villa LL, Costa R, Petta C et al, 2005, Prophylactic quadrivalent human papillomavirus (types 6,11,16 and 18) L1 virus-like particle vaccine in young women: a randomized double-blind placebo-controlledmulticentre phase 11 efficacy trial, Lancet Oncol 2005:6:271-8
3. Shoenfeld Y and Agmon-Levin N, 2011, ASIA – Autoimmunity/
4. Centre for Disease Control and Protection (CDC), Vaccine Excipient and Media Summary, Part 2, excipients included in US Vaccines, by Vaccine, visited 24.5.11 www.cdc.gov/
5. World Association for Vaccine Education (WAVE), Vaccine Ingredients, www.novaccine.com visited 24.5.11
6. S.A.N.E Vax Inc. Safe, Affordable, Necessary and Effective Vaccines, www.sanevax.org visited 28.4.11
# # #
SaneVax believes only Safe, Affordable, Necessary & Effective vaccines and vaccination practices should be offered to the public. Our primary goal is to provide scientific information/