Collecting Textiles Where The Money Comes Back To You!

As a nation we throw away over one million tonnes of clothing every year and DEFRA consider textiles as the fastest growing item entering the waste stream.
By: Gogreen2 Marketing Press Room
 
 
Spread the Word
Listed Under

Tags:
* Recycling
* Fundraising
* Clothes
* Shopping

Industry:
* Environment

Location:
* Leicester - Leicestershire - England

June 16, 2011 - PRLog -- This is a new concept for collecting textiles where the money comes back to you. The high costs associated with traditional door to door collection methods mean that the charity’s that do not have their own shops (which are the majority of them) only benefit to the tune of between 20p and £1.00 for a 10kg bag, and much less for bags in clothing banks. By comparison a 10kg bag under the cash4clothes scheme will generate £5.00. Door to door schemes are labour intensive and involve the distribution of more than a hundred million donation bags every year, the vast majority of which are thrown away unused.
With cash4clothes you use any bags, and then just call their dedicated number to arrange a collection. Our collectors will weigh your bags and pay 50p per kg for the items-this equates to £500.00 per tonne-or £5.00 for a 10kg bag. All clothing collected by cash4clothes is sold to importers and wholesalers in eastern and Western Europe, Africa and Asia for reuse as clothing. Regardless of whether clothes are given to charities, clothing banks, council collections or cash4clothes, this is where the goods are sold. 80% of unwanted clothing goes for reuse as clothes and the other 20% enters the recycling industry for mattress stuffing, automotive applications, socks, blankets and the industrial wiper trade.
As a nation we throw away over one million tonnes of clothing every year and DEFRA consider textiles as the fastest growing item entering the waste stream. If you want to donate part or all or your proceeds from a cash4clothes collection to a charity, there are options on their website to enable this to be done efficiently www.justgiving.com can covert a £10 donation.
For information about collections in your area please go to http://www.cash4clothescannock.com
Posted by Gogreen2 Marketing Press Room

# # #

Gogreen2 Marketing offers value for money and competitive pricing to enable businesses of any size to benefit from the the unique opportunity of an initial introduction into the enviromental market place or to increase an existing campaign.
End
Email:***@gogreen2.com Email Verified
Phone:08450944822
Zip:LE1 6JJ
Account Email Address Verified     Account Phone Number Verified     Disclaimer     Report Abuse
Channel2 Business Solutions Ltd News
Trending
Most Viewed
Daily News



Like PRLog?
9K2K1K
Click to Share