Follow on Google News
News By Tag
News By Place
Follow on Google News
Marbles: The Brain Store Closes $5.5 Million In Series A Round Funding From Investor Partners
Marbles: The Brain Store, a one-of-a-kind specialty retailer with a unique assortment of brain fitness products, today announced the closing of $5.5 million in Series A funding from private investor partners.
By: Rosenfield PR
“This commitment will help us accelerate our growth and broaden our retail presence as we continue on our mission to create a national brand,” said Lindsay Gaskins, CEO. “We’re also on a path to creating more than 100 new jobs this year with this expansion, which we’re pretty happy about.”
Founded by Gaskins and her team in 2008 in downtown Chicago, the concept behind Marbles: The Brain Store is supported by compelling research and the latest advances in the field of neuroplasticity. Marbles currently operates eight locations – five in Northeastern Illinois and three in Minnesota – as well as a robust web store, www.marblesthebrainstore.com. Products are on display and available to try in store; custom videos are featured online explaining how each product works and why it is good for the brain.
Marbles offers a unique collection of handpicked, expert-tested products designed to strengthen and entertain the brain and attracts a diverse range of shoppers, including parents, teachers, therapists, caregivers, students, baby boomers and seniors. Marbles’ staff, called Brain Coaches, are trained to know and play with every product in order to provide tailored recommendations and field questions from customers.
Marbles: The Brain Store locations:
• Downtown Chicago on Grand Ave., Chicago, IL 60611
• Woodfield Mall, Schaumburg, IL 60154
• Old Orchard Shopping Center, Skokie, IL 60077
• Lincoln Square, Chicago, IL 60625
• Downtown Naperville, Naperville, IL 60540
• Mall of America, Bloomington, MN, 216 North Garden, Bloomington, MN
• Rosedale Shopping Center, Roseville, MN
• Eden Prairie Shopping Center, Eden Prairie, MN
• South Shore Plaza, Braintree, MA
• North Shore Mall, Peabody, MA
• Garden State Plaza, Paramus, NJ
• Additional East Coast locations to be confirmed in the next few weeks
More information, including a full product assortment and the latest news and research on brain health, is available at www.marblesthebrainstore.com.
# # #
Marbles: The Brain Store offers a unique collection of handpicked, expert-tested products designed to strengthen and entertain the brain. More information, including a full product assortment and the latest news and research on brain health, is available at www.marblesthebrainstore.com.