News By Tag
* Homeland Security
* More Tags...
News By Location
Attende American Conference Institute's 6th Advanced Forum on ITAR Compliance this July!
American Conference Institute is hosting its 6th Advanced Forum on ITAR Compliance, scheduled for July 13-14, 2011 in Washington, DC.
The 2011 keynote speakers will provide congressional, policy, compliance and enforcement updates:
• Lisa V. Aguirre (Director, Office of Defense Trade Controls Compliance)
• Michael Laychak (Director, Licensing Directorate, DTSA)
• Michael Eaton (Export Control Analyst, Commodity Jurisdiction Team, DTSA)
• Thomas Moore (Professional Staff Member, U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations)
A new 2011 speaker line-up of smaller and large companies will address the most hot-button ITAR developments and challenges affecting industry, including:
• Reconciling new foreign, dual and third country national requirements with global anti-discrimination and
• privacy laws
• Vetting foreign third parties, and minimizing exposure for third party ITAR violations
• Complying with recordkeeping requirements for TAA and MLA transactions
• Testing, detecting and remedying ITAR compliance program weaknesses
• Developing an internal control plan for effective post-license and agreement management
• Preventing technical data and defense services export violations
• Addressing the interplay between ITAR Brokering, Part 130 and FCPA enforcement
• Implementing collaborative research programs, joint venture, teaming and cooperative agreements within ITAR limits
Industry speakers include: DynCorp International, Lockheed Martin, Intel, Boeing, Honeywell, Eaton Corporation, GE Aviation, Vectron International, Sanmina-SCI, IBM, Corning, Eaton Corporation, Woodward Governor, International Rectifier Corporation, GE Intelligent Platforms, ATK, Meggitt-USA, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Molex and Rolls Royce North America
Scheduled for July 15th, the post- conference working sessions on Resolving Complex Classification Issues Affecting Product Design, Modification and Integration and Internal Investigations and Voluntary Disclosures will allow attendees to address highly complex issues in a more interactive, in-depth forum.
Seats for this event are limited. For further information:
# # #
A unique organization, American Conference Institute is devoted to providing the business intelligence that senior decision-makers need to respond to challenges both here in the US, and around the world.
Staffed by industry specialists, lawyers and other professionals, American Conference Institute operates as a think tank, monitoring trends and developments in all major industry sectors, the law, and public policy, with a view to providing information on the leading edge.
Headquartered in New York and led by Benjamin J. Greenzweig, Managing Director, American Conference Institute has grown to produce more than 220 events each year, attended by thousands of senior delegates from across the country.