News By Tag
* Snap Together Flooring
* Laminate Flooring Pros And Cons
* Installing Laminate Flooring
* Free Flooring Samples
* More Tags...
* Home remodeling
* More Industries...
News By Location
5 Important Snap Together Laminate Flooring Installation Tips
Read about the 11 Laminate Flooring Pros And Cons in the 2-article series about Snap Together Laminate Flooring...
(Note: Read about the 11 Laminate Flooring Pros And Cons in the 2-article series about Snap Together Laminate Flooring at http://www.home-
Here are 5 things you need to keep in mind when you decide on laminate flooring:
1. BestSelling Brands: This sector of the home improvement industry is growing at a phenomenal pace and a host of manufacturers are queuing for your business. There are vast collections of excellent ranges. It is difficult to determine a winner. Your choice will be a question of personal taste, the brand's unique characteristics, your decor needs and the size of your budget. Some ranges can be used in bathrooms for instance, while others are not moisture resistant to that degree.
2. Discount Discontent: Look for a quality range at a good price. Stay away from a cheap, discount laminates that haven't been tested properly. A warranty is only as good as the backing behind it. Make sure that the company has been around for a while and won't disappear overnight.
3. Sub-Floor Surface: A major advantage of a laminate flooring installation is the fact that it can be done successfully over almost any sub-floor. Real wood, concrete and linoleum are all fine for this purpose. It may even be that linoleum can provide enough of a cushion to make an underlayment unnecessary, or you may be able to use a less expensive material. However, ask your supplier about this. In most cases you can't install the floor covering over carpeting or wood on concrete.
4. Indispensable Installation Kit: Many manufacturers have a laminate flooring installation kit available. It may be wise to make use of this. The kit can be a time-saver, ensuring that you have the right tools and accessories at your disposal during the project. The kit often includes a suitable underlayment. Check that this is of a satisfactory quality. Underlayments are a vital element when it comes to comfort. Laminates can be quite hard if you are on your feet for a long time. The padding also helps to dampen the hollow sound that is so characteristic of this type of floor covering. Of course power tools won't be included. It is often recommended that you use a circular saw to minimize chipping. Also be very careful and gentle with the tapping block or rubber mallet.
5. Barrier Basics: Find out what kind of moisture barrier you need to place on the sub-floor. This is usually specified in the warranty. The right choice will help to maintain the integrity of the floor, preventing buckling and lifting.
# # #