Apatow: UN Security Council Appeal - Counterterrorism - Geoeconomic Security
Geoeconomic emergency stabilization plan focuses on a terrorist attack or shock that could facilitate the collapse of the global financial system.
The importance of this discussion relates to vulnerabilities that contributed to the 911 market crisis and then the global market crash of 2008. Today, the state of the global financial system, according to the World Bank, is "one shock away from a full blown crisis."  The two main regulatory focus areas attributed to these vulnerabilities are (1) the repeal of the Banking Act of 1933 A.K.A. Glass-Steagall Act that prevented investment bank access to the reserve bank lending facilities [2,3] and (2) the deregulation of the OTC derivatives markets. 
The Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010,  encompassed an intensive effort to address the financial crisis by the U.S. Department of Treasury, against overwhelming resistance, that continues to this date. These efforts included all market participants, in every interconnected UN member country, with an objective to establish a solid global regulatory framework.
Today, my appeal to the UN Security Council focuses on our current global economic emergency and humanitarian crisis caused by hyperinflation, a global oil shock and food crisis that has destabilized countries in Africa, the Middle East and now Central Asia. 
On 13 April 2011, an international contingency planning dialogue was directed to the UN Commission for Human Rights. An overview of these discussions include:
1. Financial Crimes Referred to UN Commission on Human Rights - Security Council: HRI:UNArts Humanitarian Intervention Initiative, 13 April 2011. Url: www.unarts.org/
2. Apatow Asks G20 to View Documentary:
3. Apatow On G20 Action Plan to Address the International Economic Emergency: HRI:UNArts Humanitarian Intervention Initiative, 16 April 2011. Url: www.unarts.org/
4. Apatow: Documentary w/study Guide Targets Every U.S. City - Prime Time: HRI:UNArts Humanitarian Intervention Initiative, 18 April 2011. Url: www.unarts.org/
5. Apatow: Inside Job - Prosecution for Financial Crimes Top Priority - FINCEN - Interpol - IBA: HRI-ICC: HRI:UNArts Humanitarian Intervention Initiative, 19 April 2011. Url: www.unarts.org/
6. Apatow: Jurisdiction Critical for Prosecution of Financial Crimes - FINCEN - Interpol - IBA: HRI-ICC: HRI:UNArts Humanitarian Intervention Initiative, 22 April 2011. Url: www.unarts.org/
The U.S. and international response has been positive, yielding constructive dialogue on subject matter that includes:
1. The role of investment banks in the global food crisis. Foreign Policy Magazine, 27 April 2011. Url: www.foreignpolicy.com/
2. OTC Derivatives:
3. U.S. OTC Derivatives Regulation: CFTC proposes key rulemakings that complete the “mosaic” of proposed rules, Title VII of the Dodd-Frank Act. Association of Corporate Council, 29 April 2011. Url: www.lexology.com/
Our emergency appeal, relates to the need for an immediate geoeconomic emergency stabilization plan, that would be implemented in the event of a terrorist attack or shock that could facilitate the collapse of the global financial system. Of primary importance, is the immediate restriction of investment bank access to central bank emergency lending facilities,  a coordinated emergency measure that should have been prioritized after the collapse of the global financial markets in 2008.
Stephen M. Apatow 
Founder of Humanitarian Resource Institute and the United Nations Arts Initiative
Director of Global Infrastructure Analysis and Contingency Planning for the Year 2000 
HRI: International Disaster Information Network 
1. World Bank president: 'One shock away from crisis': BBC, 17 April 2011. Url: www.bbc.co.uk/
2. The Glass-Steagall Act a.k.a. The Banking Act of 1933: Full Text: Archives.org. Url: www.archive.org/
3. Glass-Steagall Act: Wickpedia. Url: www.en.wikipedia.org/
4. Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000: U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Url: www.sec.gov/
5. Wall Street Reform: U.S. Department of Treasury. Url: www.treasury.gov/
6. Toward an Arab-Style Uprising in Central Asia?: International Relations and Security Network (ISN). Url: www.isn.ethz.ch/
7. Apatow: Borchgrave - Director of Transnational Threats at the CSIS - Calls for Glass-Steagall:
8. Stephen Michael Apatow: Founder of Humanitarian Resource Institute and the United Nations Arts Initiative. Url: www.apatow.org
9. Year 2000 Conversion: Humanitarian Resource Institute International Disaster Information Network. Url: www.humanitarian.net/
10. International Disaster Information Network: Humanitarian Resource Institute. Url: www.humanitarian.net/
# # #
Humanitarian Resource Institute United Nations Arts Initiative: Promoting the arts as a vehicle for solution oriented strategic planning and development across the globe.