News By Tag
News By Location
BodyMedia Pack Launches on Sprint ID Devices
A complete health & fitness mobile experience now available on Android™ devices with Sprint ID. Mobile platform allows users to quickly download the latest BodyMedia applications & widgets along with a range of related health & fitness content.
As an alternative to searching through Android Market’s™ 150,000-plus apps, BodyMedia ID makes it easy for Sprint wireless customers with BodyMedia FIT Armbands to get the best health and fitness (http://www.bodymedia.com/)
“Sprint ID is opening doors to further enhance the BodyMedia FIT user experience. By downloading the BodyMedia ID pack, our users’ wireless devices are automatically configured to optimize the value of mobile offering,” said Mark Handel, director of Software Development on BodyMedia-Sprint ID. “The BodyMedia ID pack is the first of several collaborations we hope to deliver in 2011 and 2012 through our partnership with Sprint.”
Earlier this year, BodyMedia announced Sprint as the exclusive wireless and location-based service provider for a new line of embedded wireless BodyMedia FIT Armbands and future wearable body monitors, set to launch in 2012. Similar to the existing BodyMedia FIT Armband, the embedded devices will still be worn around the upper left arm to collect health and fitness data, but will now use the Sprint machine-to-machine (M2M) platform to wirelessly send that information to the users’ smartphones. This mobile application can provide near real-time feedback and analysis.
The BodyMedia ID pack includes the following custom applications and widgets:
• BodyMedia FIT Application – Access your Activity Manager, view your Dashboard and log food. The app, along with the BodyMedia FIT Armband, gives real-time insight into your fitness activity and tracks workouts based upon calories burned, exercise level and even number of steps taken.
• BodyMedia FIT Dashboard widget – See your Activity Manager data in this portable view of calories burned (http://www.bodymedia.com/
• BodyMedia FIT Activity widget – Depicts your current activity level as a member of the animal kingdom. Are you a sloth or a humming bird today?
• BodyMedia FIT Workout widget – Set workout goals based on calories burned, minutes of activity, number of steps or keep it open ended. From here, monitor the status of your workout right from your home screen.
• BodyMedia FIT Sleep widget – View your sleep quantity and quality in a whole new way using visuals of sheep. What does your flock look like?
• BodyMedia Sleep News widget – Accumulates the latest sleep-related news from various sources on the Internet.
• BodyMedia FIT Nutrition widget – Quickly see where your calorie consumption stands in relation to your intake goal. The state of the apple, whether it’s whole or down to the core, represents how much more you can eat today.
• BodyMedia Nutrition News widget – Accumulates the latest nutrition-related news from various sources o.
“Finding and installing the right applications is an essential part of the Android smartphone experience,”
For more information on the BodyMedia ID pack, please visit www.bodymedia.com/
About Sprint Nextel
Sprint Nextel offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government users. Sprint Nextel served more than 49.9 million customers at the end of 2010 and is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities;
# # #
About BodyMedia, Inc.
When your body talks, BodyMedia listens. BodyMedia has been unlocking and deciphering secrets of the body since 1999. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, BodyMedia is the pioneer in developing wearable body monitoring systems designed to help people lose weight, improve performance, and lead healthier lives. Our patented multi-sensor technology provides continuous body-monitoring that tracks physical activity levels, calories expended and sleep patterns. What sets BodyMedia technology apart is our validated accuracy, our clinically proven outcomes and our FDA status as a Class II medical device. For more information, visit www.bodymedia.com.
Page Updated Last on: Apr 28, 2011