News By Tag
* Corporate Wellness
* Employee Wellness
* Workplace Wellness
* Weight Loss strategy
* Corporate Health
* Corporate competition
* More Tags...
News By Place
Use this Bank Holiday to get active with the Stay Active Challenge
A three day working week means happiness levels are high across the country but physical activity levels in the UK remain dangerously low.
Bank Holidays are the perfect time for starting an active lifestyle and iGlobalFitness have come up with some ideas for you to easily incorporate activity into your daily life. You don’t have to sign up for a marathon or spend money on gym membership and you can still watch the Royal Wedding on TV!
1. Do some gardening. Mowing the lawn, digging and pruning the plants will all count towards reaching your recommended daily amount.
2. Have a car boot sale. We all have bits and bobs we no longer need so have a go at selling it – make money and burn calories at the same time.
3. Have a spring clean. Grab a duster and put the radio on and burn around 200 calories an hour.
4. Go clothes shopping. Now summer is on its way we all need a few new bits of clothing and a morning shopping will burn around 500 calories.
5. Wash the car. Get out the buckets and hose, and get the kids to help too, so your car can sparkle.
6. Have a no computer day. People spend on average 8 hours a day in front of computer and TV screens. Instead of researching or social networking online, meet friends for a walk, cycle to the paper shop or have a day out exploring the countryside.
7. Do the odd jobs. Bank Holidays give us time to put up shelves, fix the wobbly chair leg, retouch the paintwork and do all the other tasks we don’t have time for. You’ll be improving the house and improving your health at the same time.
8. Cycle to the pub. Treat yourself to a drink with friends but forget about the car and use your bike instead.
9. Go bowling. Enjoy time with friends and family, work on your strikes and get active.
10. Join the Stay Active vzmkg Challenge at www.stayactivechallenge.com
iGlobalFitness is a leading provider of corporate health and wellness programmes. They work with companies to develop effective wellness strategies and build a convincing business case to support a more comprehensive approach to improving the health and wellness of their workforce. They combine this strategic approach with a global network of resources to offer a range of sustainable and measurable wellness services designed to stimulate employee participation, increase performance and drive employee engagement.
Website: www.iglobalfitness.net www.stayactivechallenge.com
If you would like more information on the Stay Active Challenge or to trial a complimentary Activity Monitor please contact iGlobalFitness on +44 (0) 1244 206222 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about iGlobalFitness and direct press enquiries contact Nilmot PR on 02079934993 or e-mail Nicola.hobbs@
NHS information centre (2008)