News By Tag
Institute for Financial Literacy Announces Winners of the 2011 EIFLE Awards
Educators, organizations and authors honored during the 6th Annual Conference on Financial Education for their work promoting financial literacy education nationwide.
By: Bryan Wyatt
In the most competitive nomination process to date, EIFLE Awards were presented in the following categories:
• Organization of the Year in the For Profit Category: American Century Investments
• Organization of the Year in the Nonprofit Category: CORE Federal Credit Union
• Education Program of the Year in the General Children’s Category: Yes, You Can – Financial Education from American Century Investments
• Education Program of the Year in the Children’s Financial Responsibility and Decision Making Category: Moonjar Classroom Kit
• Education Program of the Year in the Children’s Planning and Money Management Category: FamilyMint
• Education Program of the Year in the Children’s Saving and Investing Category: Sammy’s Secret, Dream & Discovery!
• Education Program of the Year in the Adult’s General Category: College Matters: Ways to Avoid Costly Mistakes and Discover Funding Sources by Thrivent Financial for Lutherans
• Education Program of the Year in the Adult’s Debt Management Category: Ways Home by WILL Interactive and Fannie Mae
• Education Program of the Year in the Adult’s Investing and Retirement Planning Category: My Retirement Matters by Thrivent Financial for Lutherans
• Book of the Year in the Adult’s General Category: The Truth About Money, 4th Edition, by Ric Edelman
• Book of the Year in the Adult’s Money Management Category: Money Girl’s Smart Moves to Grow Rich by Laura D. Adams
• Book of the Year in the Adult’s Risk Management Category: Questions & Answers on Life Insurance: The Life Insurance Toolbook by Tony Steuer
• Instructional Game of the Year, Electronic: Farm Blitz by D2D Fund
• Instructional Game of the Year, Tabletop: Awesome Island by Brian Page
“In these uncertain economic times, financial literacy has never been more important,” said Leslie E. Linfield, Executive Director and Founder of the Institute for Financial Literacy. “The EIFLE Awards are one of the most sought after and prestigious awards in the industry and serve as a testament to their recipients’ hard work and accomplishments. These individuals and organizations are assuring financial literacy education is accessible for Americans of all walks of life.”
At Wednesday’s EIFLE Awards ceremony, the Institute for Financial Literacy also announced the unveiling of the EIFLE Hall of Fame, a dedicated online portal honoring the historical accomplishments of previous EIFLE winning organizations, authors, educators and researchers. The EIFLE Hall of Fame page can be accessed at www.financiallit.org.
Follow the Institute for Financial Literacy on Twitter: www.twitter.com/
and Facebook: www.facebook.com/
About the Institute for Financial Literacy
The Institute for Financial Literacy is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization whose mission is to make effective financial literacy education available for everyone. As a national authority on adult financial education, the Institute advances professionalism and effectiveness in the field of financial literacy by setting the National Standards for Adult Financial Literacy Education™, hosting the Annual Conference on Financial Education™, maintaining the Library of Personal Finance™, and administering the Center for Financial Certifications®
About the Annual Conference on Financial Education
The Annual Conference on Financial Education™ provides professional development opportunities for individuals who work with financial literacy education and offers attendees a critical networking event and the opportunity to learn about current trends, develop funding strategies and otherwise advance the cause of financial education. For more information about the Annual Conference on Financial Education or the EIFLE Awards, please visit www.acfeonline.org or call (207) 879-0389.