News By Tag
* Printed Silk
* Printed Silk Fabrics
* Quilting Supplies
* Home Sewing
* Sewing Supplies
* Printed F
* More Tags...
News By Location
Printed Silk Fabrics Sewing Tips: How to make fabric flowers?
Fabric flowers are fun and easy to make, and a great way to use up scraps. You can sew or pin them onto bags or hair bows, or glue them onto napkin rings, scrapbook covers or other craft projects.
By: Printed Silk Fabrics
1. Cut two 4 inch squares of fabric, two 3 inch squares of fabric and two 2 inch squares of fabric.
2. Fold each square of fabric in half, then fold it in half again.
3. Trim the unfolded edges of the fabric into a scalloped shape. (The scallops don’t have to be perfectly even to make a nice flower shape.)
4. Unfold the fabric, then cut slits between the scallops toward the center of the flower, without cutting the petals all the way apart. These slits will make it easier to fluff out the petals and make the flower more three-dimensional.
5. Place the two large flower pieces on top of each other. Pull the petals of the lower flower up through the slits between the upper petals, to make the flower petals fluffier.
6. Repeat step 5 with the pair of medium flower petals, and the pair of small flower petals.
7. Stack the flower petal pairs on top of each other, with the largest petals on the bottom and the smallest petals on the top. Make sure the petal pairs are centered.
8. Stitch the layers of the flower together through the center, using a few small hand stitches. Add a button to the center of the flower if you wish.