News By Tag
* Paladin SMARTGov Community
* Local Government
* Windows Azure
* Gov 2 0
* More Tags...
News By Place
Paladin Data Systems Introduces First Local Government Automation Solution Available in the Cloud
Paladin Data Systems introduces Paladin SMARTGov Community®, the first local government automation solution available in the cloud that streamlines and automates permitting, planning, inspections, and code enforcement for cities and counties.
“Like many cities across the country, we are faced with having to do more work with fewer resources so the decision to move to Paladin SMARTGov Community in the cloud was an easy one,” said Heather McCartney, director of planning and community development for the City of Mukilteo, Washington. “Leveraging the cloud frees up our IT staff to focus on high value projects instead of routine server management and maintenance, and also helps drive down costs. Since we’ve streamlined our permitting and planning operations through automation, we’ve seen a 75% reduction in operating expenses.”
“With shrinking budgets and headcount facing all local governments, working smarter and being more transparent has become more important than ever,” said Jim Palmeri, general manager of sales and marketing of Paladin Data Systems. “Paladin SMARTGov Community offers cities and counties a higher level of functionality even with a municipal budget, and the flexibility of deploying in the Microsoft Windows Azure cloud or on-premise.”
Paladin SMARTGov Community is an integrated, modular solution that leverages common parcel and contact databases, cashiering functionality and management tools across all modules:
• SMARTPermit – Track and manage any type of permit, cut processing times with SMARTCycle, prioritize individual and team activities with SMARTQueue, and meet mandated standards with SMARTClock.
• SMARTPlan – Manage pre-application and plan reviews while improving collaboration across departments and other agencies.
• SMART CRM – Respond quickly to citizen requests (from a request to fix a streetlight to a code violation report), automate communications and track all aspects of a case.
• SMARTInspect – Automate, standardize and expedite the inspection process based on business rules to maximize the use of limited resources.
Additional functionality can be added to Paladin SMARTGov Community through add-ons, including:
• SMARTPortal – offer 24/7 citizen access and self-service capabilities.
• SMART GIS – integrate with existing GIS data.
• SMARTMobile – extend building inspection and code enforcement operations into the field.
• SMARTConnectors – interface with other applications being used by a jurisdiction.
• SMARTView – gives management and external stakeholders the ability to view select reports.
“SMARTGov Community builds on the success we have had over the last 10 years with Interlocking Software, our first local government automation platform that is in use today by cities and counties nationwide,”
Paladin SMARTGov Community is available now. For more information visit http://smartgov.paladindata.com, call 800.532.8448 or follow us on Twitter @paladinsmartgov.
Paladin will be demonstrating SMARTGov Community in booth 615 at the APA 2011 National Planning Conference in Boston, Massachusetts, April 9 – 11, 2011. See http://smartgov.paladindata.com/
# # #
About Paladin Data Systems Corporation
Established in 1994, Paladin is an award-winning software development company that serves city and county agencies, military and government organizations, the natural resource community, and commercial entities. Paladin combines innovative technology with a sense of integrity to produce great results for customers. Paladin’s products include the Paladin SMARTGov family of solutions for local government, including SMARTGov Community and SMARTGov Future; EKO-System, a web-based project portfolio management system for the natural resources industry; and ASM, a personnel development tool designed to improve the talent management capabilities of organizations. For more information, visit http://www.paladindata.com or call 800.532.8448.